Major Issue With Facbook App

This is a discussion on Major Issue With Facbook App within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this. I have had the Facebook app (the one by Facebook) installed and running ...

Thread: Major Issue With Facbook App

Major Issue With Facbook App

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has any advice on this.

I have had the Facebook app (the one by Facebook) installed and running fine on the phone. Then a week ago it stopped working. Every time I try to open it it gives me the following error:

process com.facebook.katana has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Then I have to Force close it.

I went to deinstall the app, but it not listed in my installed applications, under settings > Applications > Mange applications

Also if I go to the market and click on downloads its not listed there, yet if I search for the app in the market and try and install or update it, it says its already installed and just trys to open the app resulting in the error above.

So annoying!

Anyone have advice on how to remove it? or get it working ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That facebook app is not that good. The facebook mobile website is much much better. Just add facebook.com as a favorite in your browser...then exit the browser, long press the homescreen, press shortcut, press bookmark, then press facebook. No need for that facebook app.

Edit: You may not have to add facebook.com as a favorite.

I have been using it as I like the direct up load from the gallery.

Im at the point where I dont care though if I have it or not on the phone, but my phone isnt allowing me to de-install it. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by M3This View Post
    I have been using it as I like the direct up load from the gallery.

Im at the point where I dont care though if I have it or not on the phone, but my phone isnt allowing me to de-install it. Any ideas?
    You may have to link it with your computer and see if facebook app left any residule files... but I'm not a tech person. Try the google forums for similar problems.
    Try this:
    Search results - Nexus One Help

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links