swype

This is a discussion on swype within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Can't find it on the market.....is it not available?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swype

swype

Can't find it on the market.....is it not available?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

please use search, there are a few threads about it already.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    please use search, there are a few threads about it already.
    don't be an a$$ wipe..........if you don't have something to add that pertains to my question than don't post. you actually took the time to post "use search" which takes the same amount of time as answering the question.

The older posts mainly deal with how to install the droid version....i was asking if their was a nexus version available in market yet.

I want to say some things... but they will do neither you or I any good. so just click on the link below that I found by using the search button.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ighlight=swype

SWYPE is the best keyboard I've ever used. Back in the day for my htc Touch, I purchased TouchPal and let me tell you, this thing blows TouchPal right out of the water!!

This keyboard has made me realize that you don't need a physical keyboard anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by krazichinaman View Post
    SWYPE is the best keyboard I've ever used. Back in the day for my htc Touch, I purchased TouchPal and let me tell you, this thing blows TouchPal right out of the water!!

This keyboard has made me realize that you don't need a physical keyboard anymore!

ok I got it on my phone and it is nice but is it safe to download non market apps?i keep getting an error about message board not right size for screen. is it safe to ignore this as it still seems to work

RalphieSpeaks-

there are several "improved" resolution error-free versions out in the wild that are hacked to support the N1's WVGA screen.

If you want the most common working apk for the N1, google this: Swype_ver0.35.3959_nexus_delfix.apk , and you should find somewhere to download an error free Swype...usually hosted on mediafire. Portrait is fine in this version, but landscape is not so pretty.

If you want the very latest version working on the N1, google this: Swype-SwypeReference-WVGA-trial-release.1.16.12.5228.2.19-fix.apk, again probably hosted on mediafire. This is a hack of the latest HVGA trial to support the WVGA screen. It force closes on the N1 for some folks if you do not disable sounds. After installing, just adjust the Swype settings to disable audio warnings and you should be golden.

GL and enjoy.

Smile Swype on nexus one

I just installed it on my nexus one, and I love it! Swyping is much faster than typing text. If the menu appears then you can select the default one by just continuing to type.
    The official app installs just fine on the nexus.

Yes I typed this whole thing on swype.

does anyone else have the problem that if you turn off your phone and when you turn it back on and try to use swype, all it does is beep and doesnt type? i then have to uninstall and then reinstall it to get it to work

Lightbulb Turning it off

I haven't had to turn off my phone yet. Ill try it tonight.

Ok. I Just tried it and yes you are right. But there is an easy way to fix it.just long press on any text input field, and choose "android keyboard". Then do it again and turn on swype. There was some message about swype when I rebooted but I didn't get a chance to read it.something about swype was being used somewhere else? Anyway that's how you fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links