Official Swype - Beta sign up

This is a discussion on Official Swype - Beta sign up within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have problem with the punctuation swyping. It doesn't produce the right punctuation I want. Another problem is numbers input, it's pretty annoying....the rest is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Swype - Beta sign up

I have problem with the punctuation swyping. It doesn't produce the right punctuation I want. Another problem is numbers input, it's pretty annoying....the rest is amazing ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I think one of the screens is missing in the beta. I remember one devoted just to editing.....
    if you're referring to the screen with the Copy/Paste, Home, Cut, Left, Right buttons, you access that screen by swyping from the info button to the SYM button (both located on the bottom left corner of keyboard). you can also access another numeric keypad via press-and-hold of the 123/ABC button.

Thanks for the heads up :D

much nicer. and good tips cortez
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cortez.i View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I think one of the screens is missing in the beta. I remember one devoted just to editing.....
    if you're referring to the screen with the Copy/Paste, Home, Cut, Left, Right buttons, you access that screen by swyping from the info button to the SYM button (both located on the bottom left corner of keyboard). you can also access another numeric keypad via press-and-hold of the 123/ABC button.
    I was just coming back here to edit my comment about the edit screen and spotted your response. Yes, I did see that by reading through the Swype forum, and it works great. Thanks for the response, too. I sure hope they decide to make this available as a download to individuals after the 3 month beta is up. I am spoiled to this keyboard. Their comments seem to indicate it will be available only through the carriers. I hope they change their minds.

MADE EDIT TO FIRST POST!!!!

There was a recent update on 3/8/2010 that semi fixed an issue with restarting the phone and SWYPE.
    Now, everytime you restart your phone you will still get a message from SWYPE but you no longer need to change the input method to android and then back to SWYPE.

Quote Originally Posted by krazichinaman View Post

There was a recent update on 3/8/2010 that semi fixed an issue with restarting the phone and SWYPE.
    Now, everytime you restart your phone you will still get a message from SWYPE but you no longer need to change the input method to android and then back to SWYPE.
    how do you get this update?
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krazichinaman View Post

how do you get this update?
    Just uninstall Swype and the Installer. On your phone, open the "Welcome to the Swype Beta" email and download the Swype-Installer again. Let it replace the existing installer and finish doing the installation again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links