Contact Application - Cliq vs. Nexus

This is a discussion on Contact Application - Cliq vs. Nexus within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hmm, well, I've already come across one disappointment comparing the Cliq to the Nexus. 1. On the Cliq, you can sync contacts from gmail, facebook, ...

Thread: Contact Application - Cliq vs. Nexus

Contact Application - Cliq vs. Nexus

Hmm, well, I've already come across one disappointment comparing the Cliq to the Nexus.

1. On the Cliq, you can sync contacts from gmail, facebook, and twitter. I don't see an option for twitter contacts on the Nexus.

2. In the contacts application, the Cliq allows you to link multiple contacts into a single contact, so all info for a single person is in one place. In the Nexus, I'm forced to see multiple duplicate contacts in my list, each with only a portion of their information. This feature on the Cliq is really sweet.

3. The Cliq allows you to modify the name of each contact. So if I have a facebook contact, and I don't like the name it chose, it allows me to relabel that contact.

I gotta say that Moto got these things right. Any applications available for the Nexus with similar features?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok, I'm missing something here. I notice that some of my contacts are combined, i.e. contacts that were originally phone, email, and facebook. How do I explicitly combine contacts that didn't automatically combine?

Twitter integration would be nice, but not a must have; contact renaming and/or combining IS a MUST have.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Ok, I'm missing something here. I notice that some of my contacts are combined, i.e. contacts that were originally phone, email, and facebook. How do I explicitly combine contacts that didn't automatically combine?

Twitter integration would be nice, but not a must have; contact renaming and/or combining IS a MUST have.
    To combine your contacts...

Open the contact you want to merge; > menu > edit contact > menu > join. A list will come up to choose which second contact to merge details.

Once you've selected your second contact, Nexus will merge the details to the first contact and remove the second contact from your list.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links