Default N1 browser is Mobile Safari ?

This is a discussion on Default N1 browser is Mobile Safari ? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; The N1 default browser, like any browser, identifies itself when it connects to a site. I noticed the identification string when connecting to my own ...

Thread: Default N1 browser is Mobile Safari ?

Default N1 browser is Mobile Safari ?

The N1 default browser, like any browser, identifies itself when it connects to a site. I noticed the identification string when connecting to my own site (Windows Server 2003), and it seems a bit strange:

GET /index.htm - 80 - 71.243.115.254 Mozilla/5.0+(Linux;+U;+Android+2.1-update1;+es-us;+Nexus+One+Build/ERE27)+AppleWebKit/530.17+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Version/4.0+Mobile+Safari/530.17 200 0 0

So the is the default browser Mobile Safari, or is it just telling the server to treat it as though it were Mobile Safari ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No, but there are a couple components that are common to Safari builds. Your server creates the way the user agent strings are printed to file. It will recognize these components as belonging to AppleWebKit and Safari. Seeing it the first time threw me as well.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links