Opera Mini 5 Beta now available in the market

This is a discussion on Opera Mini 5 Beta now available in the market within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; i am impressed with the speed. their compression servers make EDGE feel like 3G on the stock browser. i too miss multitouch but the 1-tap ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opera Mini 5 Beta now available in the market

i am impressed with the speed. their compression servers make EDGE feel like 3G on the stock browser.

i too miss multitouch but the 1-tap does snap the website into place very fast and does it accurately. it is a beta, can't wait to see the final product.
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

Quote Originally Posted by stephen293 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen293 View Post

BASTARD! got to it before I did. lol

Anyway it's ok. I have always loved the UI of opera since my blackberry days. However I hate that there's no multitouch. Also there doesn't seem to be an option to allow non-mobile version in settings (i.e. automatically redirects to mobile sites). I'd say a good beta and worth trying out to get a feel of where they are headed.
    The settings has a "Mobile view" mode. Is that not what you mean? I have it off, and all my pages are as if I was on a computer. No mobile sites for me.
    I have mobile view off as well. But when I go to CNN.com and ESPN.com they automatically redirect me anyway.
    I found a trick that you can do to view the full ESPN website.
    Go to the news and weather app, press the sports icon, press any article from espn. Once the page opens, click on any link (i press All Sports-NFL). This will open up the full ESPN website. Now you can bookmark the site for future use.
    BTW I'm using Dolphin Browser so I don't know it that'll make any difference.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links