Opera Mini 5 Beta now available in the market

This is a discussion on Opera Mini 5 Beta now available in the market within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; reviews? Opera Mini is the next generation mobile browser for any mobile phone. http://www.opera.com/...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opera Mini 5 Beta now available in the market

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

BASTARD! got to it before I did. lol

Anyway it's ok. I have always loved the UI of opera since my blackberry days. However I hate that there's no multitouch. Also there doesn't seem to be an option to allow non-mobile version in settings (i.e. automatically redirects to mobile sites). I'd say a good beta and worth trying out to get a feel of where they are headed.

i was pleasantly surprised with this. except for the lack of multitouch or double-tap to zoom, it's a pretty great browser for android. i like how fast the pages load up, even on edge compared to the included browser. hopefully opera will work on the few issues at hand and improve this browser.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen293 View Post

Anyway it's ok. I have always loved the UI of opera since my blackberry days. However I hate that there's no multitouch. Also there doesn't seem to be an option to allow non-mobile version in settings (i.e. automatically redirects to mobile sites). I'd say a good beta and worth trying out to get a feel of where they are headed.
    The settings has a "Mobile view" mode. Is that not what you mean? I have it off, and all my pages are as if I was on a computer. No mobile sites for me.

lol FIRST! but yeah...no multitouch killed it for me...it was fast loading and hopefully they add pinch zoom for the final...uninstalled it tho and sticking with stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by bud760 View Post

lol FIRST! but yeah...no multitouch killed it for me...it was fast loading and hopefully they add pinch zoom for the final...uninstalled it tho and sticking with stock for now
    Stock? You really like that better? Have you tried xScope? That was my choice until Opera came out.

this browser is fast for the content. unlike others I tried.

tried it, & it got uninstalled quicky. Didnt like the mobile views (didn't know you could change the setting) and no pinch to zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post

The settings has a "Mobile view" mode. Is that not what you mean? I have it off, and all my pages are as if I was on a computer. No mobile sites for me.
    I have mobile view off as well. But when I go to CNN.com and ESPN.com they automatically redirect me anyway.

Uhhgg Yeah I hate the mobile sites. They always give less info and you can't do as much on them. I have a smartphone with a 3.7" 480 X 800 screen. I DON'T WANT IT MOBILE SITE STYLE. I hate it even more when there is not option at the bottom of the page to turn it back to classic.
    Okay I'm done ranting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links