The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

This is a discussion on The best anti-theft/lost app for you? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Bishop6 I have 'Anti Droid Theft' installed as it looked the better out of those I've seen, however I haven't set it ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    I have 'Anti Droid Theft' installed as it looked the better out of those I've seen, however I haven't set it up...

Waiting for an update to 'protect uninstall'.
    I tried Anto Droid Theft, if you leave it on, it eats up your battery too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    My GPS is about half a block off. Will be difficult to locate if GPS is off on the phone by about half a block or so. Try finding a phone in a city like Hong-Kong or Tokyo where GPS is off by about half a block.

Anyone here have GPS working accurately?
    GPS on my Nexus works perfectly, once it gets the signals from the satellites (and it's quick) it finds the phone accurate up to couple of meters.

Try it again with different apps, try the app 'GPS status' to see how many satellites you have in range, if you do, google maps will find you with no problem, it makes the mistake if it positions you without the gps signal, only through wifi.

Hope I made myself clear here

Cheers!

ps. this was the thread about the lost/stolen/finding phone apps

Ive heard good things about Wave Secure. Once I get my N1, it will be one of the first apps I install.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

guys.. :*( i just lost my nexus.. what do i do... i installed these apps too.. lookout and wavesecure..

it wont locate my phone.. ugh..

Quote Originally Posted by tinnguyen123 View Post
    guys.. :*( i just lost my nexus.. what do i do... i installed these apps too.. lookout and wavesecure..

I use lookout, so I can tell you it will find your phone, BUT the phone has to be on. It can't locate by GPS if it's off. Keep trying. In the meantime if you really did lose it, I would wipe it clean if you think someone may try to access it. You can always use the back-up if/when you find it. If you wipe it clean now, and it is off, the next time someone turns it on and it makes a connection, it will wipe it out.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinnguyen123 View Post

I use lookout, so I can tell you it will find your phone, BUT the phone has to be on. It can't locate by GPS if it's off. Keep trying. In the meantime if you really did lose it, I would wipe it clean if you think someone may try to access it. You can always use the back-up if/when you find it. If you wipe it clean now, and it is off, the next time someone turns it on and it makes a connection, it will wipe it out.

the problem is i don't even remember if i turn on my GPS.. sometime i turn it off to save battery.. and i don't even have Data/Internet on it.. -_-

how do i wipe data with lookout.. there's only 2 option for it..

"scream".. and "locate"... i try both and it's not working i think the people who find it probably turn it off..

i try calling to find my phone this morning and it ring.. then after 1 hour.. the phone just go directly into my voicemail.. :

i think im screweed!!! only 1 week too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    None of these are really good in my opinion, if they don't have uninstall protection.
    i use mobile defense and it has an uninstall protection. it is set up with an online account and that it how you would uninstall if you wished.

ok... lookout located my phone...

its within 789 feet of the exact location.. -_- wth am i suppose to do..

im just wondering.. wavesecure has the monthly subscription.. what is the difference between that and the on we installed on the phone.. would it make any difference if i pay for wavesecure and it somehow does somethign to my phone better..?

and if they DO find it is there anyways to completely wipe the phone out.. and lose it forever..

omfg.. can they hard reset my phone?!?!?!?!!?!??!!!! these apps would be useless if they can do that..

Yes they can hard reset your phone via the bootloader, no app can protect against that unless it's built into the ROM.

Has anyone tried locking their phone with WaveSecure?

I have both MobileDefense and WaveSecure on my phone, which have the remote lock down and etc functions.

I just signed into my Wavesecure account. It was able to pinpoint my GPS EXACTLY. Like even to the exact room I was inside my house....

But when I trying to lock my phone remotely, it messed up.

I have the pattern password on my phone. When locking it said SUCCESSFULLY LOCKED on the website.

I turn on my Nexus, and the pattern//lockscreen shows up. I see that behind the lockscreen I just got a text from WaveSecure. AFTER putting in my pattern password, the WaveSecure screen shows up.

But then pressing Home, exits right out of the Wavesecure lockscreen??? O_O

Not very secure if you ask me.... Once I have time, I'm going to try testing the remote wipe and other functions. But I thought that the REMOTE LOCK would actually lock the phone, and not just show a picture that can be exited out of. -___-;;;
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links