The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

This is a discussion on The best anti-theft/lost app for you? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; CONGRATS? I assume it was stolen? How did you get it back? We need some more details, ha....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

CONGRATS? I assume it was stolen? How did you get it back? We need some more details, ha.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Was your sim still in or had person changed it? And if 10 feet off, how did you pin point locate it?

+1 for lookout and wave secure.

What did they have to say for themselves?

Do tell...what an awkward situation for the person that took it...Hello there, I believe you have my phone. Yes, I tracked you down due to the amazing software I put on it...so Id like it back now, k thanks.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

I probably wouldn't have been so calm, the guy would need some stitches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Was your aim still in or had person changed it? And if 10 feet off, how did you pin point locate it?

iono what you mean aim.. but this is what happen.. and +912041295 for me not +1

the person turned on the phone to try unlocking my phone.. while trying the phone send the signal through the gpms.. or w/e..

the 1st few day he didn't turn it on because it was out of battery and also lookout was put it on lockout mode so it made the annoying screaming sound.. but it still track down the phone within 700ish-feet.. (i got 1 only reading)

then after 4 day, wavesecure also pick up the signal.. he probably found a working charger (the bad thing about wavesecure is that you have to keep requesting the server every 6 hour to send out the text message so that the phone would carry out the lockout commands and its limited to only 4 request per day) but wavesecure narrow the spectrum down even further.. within 400feet..

the faggot probably kept trying to unlock the phone and it eventually the phone sent enough info to lookout + wavesecure.. both got pin point position within 10 feet so it was like a double check.. =D

oh and i been going on lookout + wavesecure every hour.. and yesterday it happen to be dry and sunny... and it boost the GPS signal ahhaha

i had to use google map to look for the address and such because both the apps only give you a longitude + latitude point .. I wish the apps woulda give me an address instead of a GPS longitude/laditude thing.. or integrated the tracking feature with google map.. but its ok they did their job..

pros of each apps..

lookout - free, auto tracking, simpler, back up all the contact.. scream mode

wavesecure - free for nexus.. notify the sim's phone number that's in the phone.. back up all the contact.. a notice message for whoever turn on the phone.. pin to uninstall the app..

cons...

lookout - uninstallable by anyone..
    wavesecure - keep having to request for tracking, pay subscription

keep this in mind.. our phone can be easily flashed (erasing everything including the secure apps and putting the phone to factory setting) .. so if he woulda figured that out i woulda have no chance .. so figure a way to lock the hard flash on the nexus.. :/

*side story*
    After getting the 10 feet reading from lookout + wavesecure and looking on google map for the address.. the reading was within 2 house..

because looking down on google map the left and right direction is inverted so i thought the phone was in the 2 right house.. but instead it was the 2 left house.. knock the door and they had no idea what i was talking about.. so i thought the apps was wrong or the people were lying.. i was about to go to extreme vengeance mode, (slashing tires, breaking windows, smash mailbox, etc.. ) but i went home pissed.. so i looked on Google map again.. and i realize it was the other 2 houses.. >.<

I knock the door ask nicely.. the maggot who found my phone worked at the place where i lost it.. and he was scared of me recognizing his face so he had his wife talked to me.. -_- first she gave me her phone (which was a palm android something) and i was like "no." and then i threaten that "well if this problem doesn't get resolve today I'll have to go ask the police to find out which house it is tomorrow then, thanks you for helping i might be back tomorrow ".. then she goes, "let me ask my husband if he found a phone.." and yep.. there it was... my baby ..

i didn't see his face but i know his house :rofl3:

what should i do now.. im happy so i dont wana do anything.. but i want him to suffer for finding my phone and not even giving it back..

Congrats. I would still report him to the police and to his place of business so they can fire him as necessary. He stole from you, which is is obviously illegal and should be punished accordingly.

So, I say bring in the police and go to his place of business to report him.

Harsh?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by tinnguyen123 View Post
    Was your aim still in or had person changed it? And if 10 feet off, how did you pin point locate it?

the person turned on the phone to try unlocking my phone.. while trying the phone send the signal through the gpms.. or w/e..

the 1st few day he didn't turn it on because it was out of battery and also lookout was put it on lockout mode so it made the annoying screaming sound.. but it still track down the phone within 700ish-feet.. (i got 1 only reading)

then after 4 day, wavesecure also pick up the signal.. he probably found a working charger (the bad thing about wavesecure is that you have to keep requesting the server every 6 hour to send out the text message so that the phone would carry out the lockout commands and its limited to only 4 request per day) but wavesecure narrow the spectrum down even further.. within 400feet..

the faggot probably kept trying to unlock the phone and it eventually the phone sent enough info to lookout + wavesecure.. both got pin point position within 10 feet so it was like a double check.. =D

oh and i been going on lookout + wavesecure every hour.. and yesterday it happen to be dry and sunny... and it boost the GPS signal ahhaha

i had to use google map to look for the address and such because both the apps only give you a longitude + latitude point .. I wish the apps woulda give me an address instead of a GPS longitude/laditude thing.. or integrated the tracking feature with google map.. but its ok they did their job..

pros of each apps..

wavesecure - free for nexus.. notify the sim's phone number that's in the phone.. back up all the contact.. a notice message for whoever turn on the phone.. pin to uninstall the app..

cons...

keep this in mind.. our phone can be easily flashed (erasing everything including the secure apps and putting the phone to factory setting) .. so if he woulda figured that out i woulda have no chance .. so figure a way to lock the hard flash on the nexus.. :/

*side story*
    After getting the 10 feet reading from lookout + wavesecure and looking on google map for the address.. the reading was within 2 house..

because looking down on google map the left and right direction is inverted so i thought the phone was in the 2 right house.. but instead it was the 2 left house.. knock the door and they had no idea what i was talking about.. so i thought the apps was wrong or the people were lying.. i was about to go to extreme vengeance mode, (slashing tires, breaking windows, smash mailbox, etc.. ) but i went home pissed.. so i looked on Google map again.. and i realize it was the other 2 houses.. >.<

I knock the door ask nicely.. the maggot who found my phone worked at the place where i lost it.. and he was scared of me recognizing his face so he had his wife talked to me.. -_- first she gave me her phone (which was a palm android something) and i was like "no." and then i threaten that "well if this problem doesn't get resolve today I'll have to go ask the police to find out which house it is tomorrow then, thanks you for helping i might be back tomorrow ".. then she goes, "let me ask my husband if he found a phone.." and yep.. there it was... my baby ..

what should i do now.. im happy so i dont wana do anything.. but i want him to suffer for finding my phone and not even giving it back..
    Sorry man I meant sim. Better keyboard auto corrected me and I didn't even realize.

But lol, glad you got your phone back, your story is entertaining. I'll be more confident if I lose my phone now. I have both lookout and wavesecure.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Congrats. I would still report him to the police and to his place of business so they can fire him as necessary. He stole from you, which is is obviously illegal and should be punished accordingly.

So, I say bring in the police and go to his place of business to report him.

Harsh?
    haha thats what's all my friends say.. like i said.. i want to do something.. but im so happy i found it..

but when i think back about the things i was suffering through arggg.. >.<

that faggot lives far too!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinnguyen123 View Post

pros of each apps..

cons...

*side story*

Sorry man I meant sim. Better keyboard auto corrected me and I didn't even realize.

But lol, glad you got your phone back, your story is entertaining. I'll be more confident if I lose my phone now. I have both lookout and wavesecure.
    about the sim.. Do you remeber the 1st time trying to open the phone up to insert our own sim..?

it was really difficult.. so im pretty sure he never figured out how to remove the cover.. my sim was still in there and 4gb memory..

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links