The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

This is a discussion on The best anti-theft/lost app for you? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks! Just sent an email to see if I can become a tester....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

Thanks! Just sent an email to see if I can become a tester.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    noob question...

I downloaded lookout on my n1 - and I went to the website to set-up... but on the site it asked for cell number so it can send a download link.

I don't need the download link link (of course I already downloaded)... I just need to access the account and set up whatever is necessary for recover, etc.

I'm sure there is an easy explanation - can anyone help?
    bumping the question... can someone help a newbie out?
    Ron Paul is correct.

noob question...

I downloaded lookout on my n1 - and I went to the website to set-up... but on the site it asked for cell number so it can send a download link.

I don't need the download link link (of course I already downloaded)... I just need to access the account and set up whatever is necessary for recover, etc.

You need to link the phone to the site by means of the number/phone. Yes you downloaded the app from the market, but to have full function, you need to link the two together. I use it, and it saved me once already. Very handy. Think of it as when you sign up for something online, and they ask for your email to confirm, then you have to open the email, click the link, and then you are good to go. Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    noob question...

You need to link the phone to the site by means of the number/phone. Yes you downloaded the app from the market, but to have full function, you need to link the two together. I use it, and it saved me once already. Very handy. Think of it as when you sign up for something online, and they ask for your email to confirm, then you have to open the email, click the link, and then you are good to go. Same thing.
    okay thanks - the way I read it they were going to send a download link and I already downloaded it... I'll type in the info and go from there - thank you for the response ~
    Ron Paul is correct.

Lookout.

Lookout is pretty good. In Australia, I used it to find my device within 0 feet. The web UI takes about 2 mins to find the phone with accuracy of 0 feet. Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    okay thanks - the way I read it they were going to send a download link and I already downloaded it... I'll type in the info and go from there - thank you for the response ~
    okay I'm getting frustrated now...

I went to the lookout site and went ahead and entered my number... received a text with a link to the marketplace to download app... since its already downloaded the only two options given were uninstall or open... when I click open it takes me to the menu that got me here: "Missing Device Ready" - tells me to go to mylookout.com (which of course is where I went to enter my number and received the txt msg

I'm going around in circles... The application is working - it scans downloads and all that... I just can't figure out how to set up the "Locate your device or make it scream" functions...

Any suggestions?....
    Ron Paul is correct.

wavesecure

i use wavesecure it was free for life for anyone who started using it before march 31, lookout is good for anyone not looking for media backup, if you do try wavesecure, it will backup pictures, music and videos. but the best thing to do is have both just in case you have problems with one of them. just to let everyone know, wavesecure is $19.90 per year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    None of these are really good in my opinion, if they don't have uninstall protection.
    Hi Bishop6,
    If you have a rooted phone, you can load WaveSecure into the system partition so it will survive a hard reset.

Also, for users with non-rooted phones, WaveSecure UPA (Uninstall Protection Add-on) is available from Android Market now. While it won't survive a hard reset, it will protect your data and privacy.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

^^^ lookout does too right?

Even though I still cant figure out how to do anything from their site... I enter the info, they send me a link to download an app I already have *roll eyes*
    Ron Paul is correct.

So after reading this thread, I'll probably grab one of these, but can some one clarify..

Mobile Defense and LookOut are free but do not backup pictures/etc
    WaveSecure costs 20/year, but does back that up.

Seems like over all WaveSecure is more feature complete, other then price is there any reason to prefer Mobile Defense or Lookout to it?

With any of them, can I turn on the scream at any given time? I misplace my phone in my house often and GPS wont help with that... scream would though.

My Nexus one should arrive tomorrow :D :D

Thanks!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links