The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

This is a discussion on The best anti-theft/lost app for you? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I Joined this forum just to reply to this thread. I got a pretty simple app that helps me find my phone easily called Wheres ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

I Joined this forum just to reply to this thread.

I got a pretty simple app that helps me find my phone easily called Wheres my Droid. Its free, and mad simple. You set up 2 different code phrases for text messages. One for ringing, and one for locating. If you receive a text with the code phrase for ringing in it, it will make the phone ring until a button is pressed on the screen (can set so button will not come up until phone is unlocked by gesture password). Then if you use the locating code phrase, The phone will find its position in the background and send the latitude and longitude and a link to google maps as a text to the phone who sent the code phrase. The sent messages also do not show up anywhere.

I think this is the absolute best app only because the second i lose my phone i can instantly ask someone around me for their smartphone, text mine, and find it immediately. and its free.

JJGacker,

Do you know if Theft Aware works in North America (Canada in my case)? Looks good and I am considering buying it...

Theft Aware
    i had Wavesecure on my Blackberry.
    With my new Nexus One I installed Theft Aware for several reasons. Among these:

- Complete invisibility of Theftaware
    - No recurring fees (just once 10 Bucks for buying it)
    - no third party server in asia used (like with wavesecure) therefor no international sms costs
    - i can rescue my contacts, sms and so on

i am also looking forward to version 2.0 which is announced at www.theftaware.com
    you will be able to locate your mobile via the gms cell data where gps is not available.
    a great feature i think.

well - and - version 2.o will be free for me as existing customer

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links