The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

This is a discussion on The best anti-theft/lost app for you? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; So, which one is the best in your opinion? Outside US, so Mobile Defense doesn't count. I've been using Anti Droid Theft, it works but ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

The best anti-theft/lost app for you?

So, which one is the best in your opinion?

Outside US, so Mobile Defense doesn't count.

I've been using Anti Droid Theft, it works but uses a lot of battery life...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ps. I'm currently trying out Wavesecure... it seems that does the job good, located the phone correctly, they say it has low battery usage, locked my phone on sim change, didn't get any sms alerting me of this though... maybe I should've waited a bit longer with the new sim...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was about to suggest wavesecure and lookout.

None of these are really good in my opinion, if they don't have uninstall protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    I haven't tried wavesecure, is it free?

Call me cheap if you want

EDIT: @Bishop6, do you use one? Which do you use?
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

M Woody, yeah its free. Main things I like about wave secure, you can locate your phone online and it shows you on a map where it is, you can lock your phone if you lose it, incase you have personal data on it, you can wipe all the data on your phone and you can restore it when you find it and the thing i like about lookout is it has antivirus on it.

Wavesecure seems to be free, I'm not sure yet, cause on their website it says '7 day trial', but on the market it's not mentioned at all.

Regarding uninstall protection:

First off all, on the Nexus you have the unlock pattern protection which will probably make it really difficult for a thief to crack and even then if he somehow manages to do it, wavesecure blocks the phone, displays the message of your choice and then prompts for a pin.

In the meantime you can track your phone on their website, lock it, wipe data, whatever you want.

Service seems quite good, as long as it's free. We'll know more in a week or so...

I guess that someone could erase the operating system on the phone, and then put it back on, but not the average stealing person

Take care guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mihailo View Post
    Wavesecure seems to be free, I'm not sure yet, cause on their website it says '7 day trial', but on the market it's not mentioned at all.
    I found it on the Market. Says "free." The only thing I wonder about is the Singapore SMS gateway and international text charges. Also there is no uninstall protection.

Lookout is very nice. I like the simple interface on both the phone and the website. Tracked my phone within 3 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    I haven't tried wavesecure, is it free?

Call me cheap if you want

EDIT: @Bishop6, do you use one? Which do you use?
    I have 'Anti Droid Theft' installed as it looked the better out of those I've seen, however I haven't set it up...

Waiting for an update to 'protect uninstall'.

My GPS is about half a block off. Will be difficult to locate if GPS is off on the phone by about half a block or so. Try finding a phone in a city like Hong-Kong or Tokyo where GPS is off by about half a block.

Anyone here have GPS working accurately?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links