is there an app i can use to create a shortcut for the trackball or home button

This is a discussion on is there an app i can use to create a shortcut for the trackball or home button within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; i really miss the send button from the G1. sometime i just want to get to the phone icon, but don't want to either scroll ...

Thread: is there an app i can use to create a shortcut for the trackball or home button

is there an app i can use to create a shortcut for the trackball or home button

i really miss the send button from the G1. sometime i just want to get to the phone icon, but don't want to either scroll or go back to home screen. the ideal set up would be to longpress the trackball or home to launch the contacts/phone log/ dialer thing. currently, all the soft buttons on the nexus one except the back button have long press features already. however, the long press on the home screen is pretty useless and the trackball doesn't have anything. i would like to redo it so that either one launches what i need. i found an app that changes the long press for search, but i actually like the voice feature on the nexus one and don't want to remove it. any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

bar control

There's a free app in the market called "bar control" where you can select apps that you use frequently (including phone/dialer) and add them as icons to your notification bar. That way, you can be browsing the web or playing a game, etc etc and if you decide you want to make a phone call/check email, all you have to do is pull down your notification bar and open the app you want without having to go to home screen. Then go back to what you were doing by hitting "back."

I just came across it recently and absolutely love it! Truly one of the most useful apps I have downloaded.

I realize it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it does its job

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links