Does your WIFI collection stay up?

This is a discussion on Does your WIFI collection stay up? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I could not connect to my D-link router at all! Never. I tried removing security to get it to connect. Changing channels, the usual stuff. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does your WIFI collection stay up?

I ended up getting another router..

I could not connect to my D-link router at all! Never. I tried removing security to get it to connect. Changing channels, the usual stuff. What I ended up digging an old wireless router out of a box in the closet and added it to my home network. My N1 connects to this router solid as a rock!! The newer D-link, never. I suspect this is a software issue with the N1 that will be revolved in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Aaah, the perfect thread for me. I've been fighting to get my phone to not sleep (to avoid the dropping wifi problem). Unfortunately, everytime I put my phone into or out of the dock, it changes the screen timeout. If I have it set to "Never Timeout" then putting it into the dock changes it to 10 minutes, and if I take it out of the dock, it changes it to 1 minute. This isn't the official dock btw, it's a hong kong $10 thing.

I'm perfectly happy to have the screen timeout, as long as it won't drop the wifi.

Question for Christian_Z : Does your app keep wifi connected all the time regardless of whether I have it enabled or disabled? Or does it basically look at the wifi toggle, see that it's enabled and do the hard work of making sure it gets connected and stays connected, until the toggle switches it off.

When I'm at home I want my wifi on permanently and when I'm out, I want it off permanently. So I'll toggle the wifi switch myself. Will your app take care of the keeping it connected?

Does anyone know if there's a bugzilla database of Android/Nexus bugs? Do we know if this behavior is logged and accepted for fixing in the next update?
    Hi dd4005,

Yes you can toggle WiFi on/off as you like. Only when WiFi is enabled will the Fix My Wifi service will be monitoring and repair any of the problems it can identify.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor View Post
    Hi dd4005,

Yes you can toggle WiFi on/off as you like. Only when WiFi is enabled will the Fix My Wifi service will be monitoring and repair any of the problems it can identify.
    Thanks, but no joy finding it (and I tried capitalizing the first letter of each word too "Fix My Wifi").

As this has proved to be a long and interesting thread, maybe a mod can fix the title to connection.

Interesting...it comes up for me (in the US). Try searching for co.uk.syslynx.fixmywifi

This could be an issue with using a carrier-unlocked device in Germany...can you see other copy paid/protected/forward-locked apps? Do you know any other German N1 users who can help test the visibility of this app in the market?

Even less likely but still possibly the problem, if you're using a developer phone, you can't install forward-locked apps...

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Interesting...it comes up for me (in the US). Try searching for co.uk.syslynx.fixmywifi

This could be an issue with using a carrier-unlocked device in Germany...can you see other copy paid/protected/forward-locked apps? Do you know any other German N1 users who can help test the visibility of this app in the market?

Even less likely but still possibly the problem, if you're using a developer phone, you can't install forward-locked apps...
    Not a developer phone, and yes it's carrier unlocked US import. They're not available here yet in Germany and I don't know anyone else with one.

No joy searching for various combinations of syslynx or mywifi. If I search for UMAI (the developers) I find only one app. It's a wifi app but more of a hotspot surfer/connector kind of app.

I see here that it's a copy protected app like you said. I even tried scanning the QR code and goggles found it, but when I tried the link to open it in the market it made the market crash (that happens on every QR code scan that I try to open in the market). I don't know what a forward-locked app is but even if I find some others that also don't appear in the market for me, it's not going to help much. I even tried with my US VPN connection on, and that didn't help.

I guess the world's out to get me

Forward-locking provides Android developers with the option of using a “copy-protection feature which prevents applications from being copied off devices...

Are you able to see other paid/copy-protected apps in the market from your phone? Like, does anything show up in the "Top Paid" categories?

You could try this just for fun...it wouldn't hurt:
    - Go To 'Settings'
    - then 'Applications'
    - then 'Manage Applications'
    - then press the menu button, select 'Filter, the "All'
    - scroll down and select 'Market', hit the 'Clear Cache' button, then 'Force Stop'
    - hit the back key and do the same thing for 'Market Updater'

Restart the Market app and see if it shows up now...

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Forward-locking provides Android developers with the option of using a “copy-protection feature which prevents applications from being copied off devices...

Are you able to see other paid/copy-protected apps in the market from your phone? Like, does anything show up in the "Top Paid" categories?

You could try this just for fun...it wouldn't hurt:
    - Go To 'Settings'
    - then 'Applications'
    - then 'Manage Applications'
    - then press the menu button, select 'Filter, the "All'
    - scroll down and select 'Market', hit the 'Clear Cache' button, then 'Force Stop'
    - hit the back key and do the same thing for 'Market Updater'

Restart the Market app and see if it shows up now...
    I'll give that a try as soon as my current experiment is over. I've let my phone sleep with the wifi on and I'm seeing if this wifi buddy will hold onto the wifi too or if it lets it give up. An hour into the sleep and it's still kept it. I'm monitoring by watching via my PC if ebuddy goes offline.

One more thing...have a look at this blog article:
    Another Nexus One Wifi Tip The Artistic Mathematician
    I used this method and changed the wifi sleep policy to "never" on my phone...it doesn't seem to disconnect when sleeping right now.

Is it a issue for every nexus one??

I just got mine for a week, but no matter @home or @office it work fine, auto connect again from sleep mode after I switch the screen on!

FYR, both my home & office using Linksys Router, so I guess maybe related to the router??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links