Does your WIFI collection stay up?

This is a discussion on Does your WIFI collection stay up? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by kc.rkitek Forward-locking provides Android developers with the option of using a “copy-protection feature which prevents applications from being copied off devices... Are ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does your WIFI collection stay up?

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Forward-locking provides Android developers with the option of using a “copy-protection feature which prevents applications from being copied off devices...

Are you able to see other paid/copy-protected apps in the market from your phone? Like, does anything show up in the "Top Paid" categories?

You could try this just for fun...it wouldn't hurt:
    - Go To 'Settings'
    - then 'Applications'
    - then 'Manage Applications'
    - then press the menu button, select 'Filter, the "All'
    - scroll down and select 'Market', hit the 'Clear Cache' button, then 'Force Stop'
    - hit the back key and do the same thing for 'Market Updater'

Restart the Market app and see if it shows up now...
    Tried that, made no difference. Search for fix my wifi still gives nothing. Now that I found that other app it seems to be doing the job nicely of holding onto the wifi during sleep. I tested it for 16 hours straight on sleep the whole time and my ebuddy maintained the AIM and MSN connections the whole time. Previously they'd be dropped after anything from 30-90 minutes of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    One more thing...have a look at this blog article:
    Another Nexus One Wifi Tip The Artistic Mathematician
    I used this method and changed the wifi sleep policy to "never" on my phone...it doesn't seem to disconnect when sleeping right now.
    I don't know if I'd ever been in that advanced menu in the wifi settings before. Now I have this wifi buddy app installed and running it might have set it to never sleep for me, or perhaps I had already found it and set it. I can never know now I could try uninstalling wifi buddy now that it's set to never sleep, but it's working and I don't want to do things that might stop it working.

Quote Originally Posted by peterlws View Post
    Is it a issue for every nexus one??

I just got mine for a week, but no matter @home or @office it work fine, auto connect again from sleep mode after I switch the screen on!

FYR, both my home & office using Linksys Router, so I guess maybe related to the router??
    The issue for me was never getting it to auto-connect after a sleep. I want it to stay active during the sleep. If you have an instant messenger app running (making you contactable to your IM buddies) it's severely impaired functionality to lose that connection while the screen is taking a rest. Maybe ebuddy doesn't send/receive data on a frequent enough basis when no chats are in progress and that's why it gets dropped. Either way, I'm happy now with my wifi-keeping app

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    I'm happy now with my wifi-keeping app [wifi buddy]
    Famous last words. The wifi buddy app has now stopped being wonderful at keeping the wifi signal going. Now I lose it during every sleep again. Weird how it worked perfectly for weeks now stopped. It's possible that during those weeks where it worked, it coincided with me not switching the phone off at all during that time. One off/on cycle and wifi buddy loses the plot

I just looked again and Fix My Wifi shows up in my market search now. There's no free version, only a £0.99 version. Is there any way to buy it without having to register with google checkout ?

edit: update, looks like paypal will be an option in Q2 sometime.

EDIT2: it seems that wifi buddy holds onto the connection better when I have ebuddy (IM app) running. I'd not started ebuddy the last couple of days and it was only the last couple of days I was losing my wifi connection every time the phone slept. I hadn't spotted the connection between them. Now I'm back keeping ebuddy running it seems that wifi buddy has a reason to live.

Oh well. Happy again :D
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Okay. I have only used one WiFi as my connection which is my Home WiFi. It is a linksys WiFi G 2.4 GHZ router with WPA/WPA2 PSK being used by my Home WiFi.

My Nexus one doesn't receive any notificatios as soon as the screen auto locks itself.

I'll be testing on other WiFi connections and will post soon.

PS : No issues with the 3G/Edge data.

Update - My university's wifi also gives the same issue.

I have seen people using Desire's ROM on N1 and having no issues.

Is it the firmware issue? I have a phone swap ticked from HTC but I wonder if it will help, if it's something with the firmware.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links