Does your WIFI collection stay up?

This is a discussion on Does your WIFI collection stay up? within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Although I really like N1, I have two issues with it. This is one of them. When I come back home, I like to enable ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your WIFI collection stay up?

Does your WIFI collection stay up?

Although I really like N1, I have two issues with it. This is one of them.

When I come back home, I like to enable WIFI and let all data talk through my router. The phone stays plugged in using USB hence it charges at the same time. The problem is that after 10mins or so (not 100% sure), the WIFI connection drops. I have to go back into the config screen and re-connect each time. This did not happen with HTC Magic using Sense UI.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Apparently, this does not happen when you use Desire ROM with N1 hardware.

EDIT: Looks like I posted it in the wrong forum. Mod - please move this to 'General' forum. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I was having a similar problem. Anytime the phone would go into sleep mode the wifi connection would stop. It did come back after waking the phone, but while asleep I couldn't get any gmail updates since the connection dropped (I don't have wireless data and only use wifi).

Go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wifi Settings > press "Settings" soft key and click Advanced > Wifi Sleep Policy

You can change the wifi sleep policy to stay connected at all times at that point. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    I was having a similar problem. Anytime the phone would go into sleep mode the wifi connection would stop. It did come back after waking the phone, but while asleep I couldn't get any gmail updates since the connection dropped (I don't have wireless data and only use wifi).

Go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > Wifi Settings > press "Settings" soft key and click Advanced > Wifi Sleep Policy

You can change the wifi sleep policy to stay connected at all times at that point. Hope this helps.
    Yeah I tried this one already when I realized it only did it when it falls asleep. Now, it doesn't drop connection all the time, but it still manages to do it quite often. And the time is inconsistent too - sometimes 10mins, other times I am ok for an hour.

So no one here is experiencing this issue???

I have the same issue.

I have one issue with certain router at work. It can't connect to it unless router is restarted (you have to do it like every day). Then it loses the connection after 2-5 minutes randomly. I have to turn off/on Wi-Fi on N1 to make it work. At home I got Netopia which my N1 works flawlessly with.

similar problems here.
    My biggest problem is the inability of android to make a connection automatically. It's always failing until I go to wifi and manually reconnect, then magically it works!
    Why can't it just retry and reconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by reapur View Post
    similar problems here.
    My biggest problem is the inability of android to make a connection automatically. It's always failing until I go to wifi and manually reconnect, then magically it works!
    Why can't it just retry and reconnect.
    On my Magic with Sense 1.5, it used to work well. It rarely disconnects all day long if I stay at home. On N1 using stock 2.1, this is not the case though. BUT those who use Desire ROM on N1 says it doesn't disconnect. So I can only conclude that this is the fault of Android 2.1 and Sense somehow compensated for this...

I'm having the exact same problem. Tried editing the sleep settings as described above with the same result...

Yup I can confirm that on desire rom, it does maintain the connection on my n1.

maybe it's time to root.
    I've been putting it off because I've had no good reason to do it, but now...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links