I Need Map Help Please

This is a discussion on I Need Map Help Please within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi People, I need some help with the map program. I am a new user to using a GPS period and was using it today ...

Thread: I Need Map Help Please

I Need Map Help Please

Hi People,
    I need some help with the map program. I am a new user to using a GPS period and was using it today to get used to the app.
    I typed in directions to the local Carl's Jr and it directed me there just fine. Then I clicked "Next Stop" button and typed in the address for my work. While typing it found the address via the address book entry for my office. I clicked that drop down and clicked the "Go" button.
    Then this new window opened with "Did you mean..." and gives me this long list of Bank of America's etc (that are no where near my office). What is going on? Why did it do that?
    I tried to duplicate that same occurrence when it was time to go home. I typed in my address and it found me via the address book and I had it navigate me home - worked like a charm. Then I clicked the "Next Stop" button again and typed in the work address (this time not selecting from suggestions, but manually typed in the address and same thing happened - I get a list of "Did you mean... and all kinds of addresses.
    Why is the app doing this?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Checking In

Just checking I haven't received a response.

Am I the only one that this is happening too?

First ques:

Do you have the latest version of Google maps? v4.1.0

Hi Bishop

Thanks for replying.
    Yes, I have version 4.1.0 #4126) version on my phone.

Your not doing anything wrong, it seems like GPS navigation and Maps are not working to a optimum standard when certain request that are made.

I remember seeing somewhere, that someone had an issue with the maps; where it would give them the longest route instead of the shortest.

I personally haven't used it, due to having standalone GPS, however I will try it very soon to see how it plays out.

Just a side note...

Like cell phones with cameras, the picture and settings are never the best like a standalone camera.

Thanks

Thanks Bishop,

I have heard that before about phones with cameras.
    Thanks for reply and help and letting me know I am not doing anything wrong.
    I will try (the next time I feel daring) to clear the map and then key in my next destination and see how that works.

Cool Maps

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Thanks for replying.
    Unfortunately I have version 3.4.0(#3413). How can I upgrade it?

Check Market

Quote Originally Posted by eml46 View Post
    Thanks for replying.
    Hi eml,
    Open your market app and tap the Downloads icon, then scroll down looking for Google Maps. It should say that there is an update available (mine did).
    I hope this helps you out.

Quote Originally Posted by eml46 View Post
    Thanks for replying.
    Hi eml,
    Open your market app and tap the Downloads icon, then scroll down looking for Google Maps. It should say that there is an update available (mine did).
    I hope this helps you out.

Hi N1david
    Thanks a lot for your comment. But Unfortunately market doesn't work in our country so I can't download it and other software. I will happy to help me that I download and install some software ) as answering machine, dictionary, anti virus,...).

Hi Eml

Hi Eml,
    I found this on the google maps page
    m.google.com/maps

That should take you to the download for your phone. It was all I could find & I hope it works for you.

For the other apps, I would suggest you search google for it and see if there is an over the air download for the apps you are looking for.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links