Best Call Blocker

This is a discussion on Best Call Blocker within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; I tried Extreme Call blocker, but there is a bug where the trackball will blink rapidly when a call is missed. I tried Black & ...

Thread: Best Call Blocker

Best Call Blocker

I tried Extreme Call blocker, but there is a bug where the trackball will blink rapidly when a call is missed. I tried Black & White Call blocker, but it didn't block the calls. Are there any call blockers that actually work for the N1? My only requirements are that I can add numbers from the call log and that the phone won't ring on the blocked numbers.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There's another one which I have, called 'CallFilter'...

Free app!!

Quote Originally Posted by idslamyou View Post
    I tried Extreme Call blocker, but there is a bug where the trackball will blink rapidly when a call is missed. I tried Black & White Call blocker, but it didn't block the calls. Are there any call blockers that actually work for the N1? My only requirements are that I can add numbers from the call log and that the phone won't ring on the blocked numbers.
    Why do you need a blocker? On my N1 I just create a contact called "Blocked" and set the contact to go straight to voicemail and no ringtone. Whenever someone calls me I want to block, I just add that number to the "Blocked" contact.

No worries.

Occasionally it will still ring when my N1 isn't fast enough to realize it's not supposed to (shows the number rather than "Blocked") but I believe that's due to having several hundred contacts. Usually I only realize they've called when I'm looking at my call log and notice "Blocked" appearing a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by odhinn View Post
    Why do you need a blocker? On my N1 I just create a contact called "Blocked" and set the contact to go straight to voicemail and no ringtone. Whenever someone calls me I want to block, I just add that number to the "Blocked" contact.

No worries.

Occasionally it will still ring when my N1 isn't fast enough to realize it's not supposed to (shows the number rather than "Blocked") but I believe that's due to having several hundred contacts. Usually I only realize they've called when I'm looking at my call log and notice "Blocked" appearing a few times.
    Good tip - thanks

Installing Call filter to see how it works. Looks like it will suit my needs if it will actually block the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by odhinn View Post

No worries.

Great tip. Is there a limit on how many phone number you can associate with a contact?

Great tip. Is there a limit on how many phone number you can associate with a contact?
    Yes - I think it's around 10 or so. But when you hit that limit, just create a new contact "Blocked 2" and add them there, etc.

Call filter has worked well for me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links