Google Voice Updated - Now has PUSH

This is a discussion on Google Voice Updated - Now has PUSH within the Nexus One Application Discussion forums, part of the Nexus One category; Google voice just got updated to include Push notifications. I had been waiting for this as I thought it was a pretty big feature to ...

Thread: Google Voice Updated - Now has PUSH

Google Voice Updated - Now has PUSH

Google voice just got updated to include Push notifications.

I had been waiting for this as I thought it was a pretty big feature to be missing from such a promising app.

Now, on my Nexus One, Voice is preinstalled...so when I go to the market, it doesn't show "Update Available"

Should I just install the Google Voice that is available on the market in order to update or is there some other way?

EDIT: Tried to update via market and got a warning stating that if I continue to install this product it will "replace" the other Google Voice that came preinstalled. I'm thinking an update will be made available specifically for the preinstalled version. I was recently notified of an update for Maps, and that was preinstalled, too.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Mine updated the usual way. Got a notice an update was available and it took me to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Mine updated the usual way. Got a notice an update was available and it took me to the market.

Same here, I just updated this morning.

Weird, still don't see an update.

Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    Weird, still don't see an update.

i didnt see an update notification on my phone either, i dont believe one was sent. what i read on another forum is that you have to dl the app and overwrite the original app from the market. this will allow you to get the update. i dont understand why android/google doesnt send updates to native apps. it's almost better to re download the apps from the market to get all the updates

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTe67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post

Same here, I just updated this morning.
    Did you two have the preinstalled version of Voice or had you previously installed it from the market?

Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    Google voice just got updated to include Push notifications.

I had been waiting for this as I thought it was a pretty big feature to be missing from such a promising app.

Now, on my Nexus One, Voice is preinstalled...so when I go to the market, it doesn't show "Update Available"

Should I just install the Google Voice that is available on the market in order to update or is there some other way?

EDIT: Tried to update via market and got a warning stating that if I continue to install this product it will "replace" the other Google Voice that came preinstalled. I'm thinking an update will be made available specifically for the preinstalled version. I was recently notified of an update for Maps, and that was preinstalled, too.
    I'm wondering about this also. For those of you who replaced the N1's GV app with the new update from market, did you lose any of the native app's functionality like contact integration (the prompts you get to use GV or not when calling a contact)? I've heard that some of those features were N1-specific.

I have not noticed any functionality missing. The replacement is working fine.

Looks like the other thread about the Google Voice update no longer exists. I posted in it, but it vanished - hmmm.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links