HOWTO: See your iTunes album art on Nexus One.

This is a discussion on HOWTO: See your iTunes album art on Nexus One. within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Introduction So far, not being able to see my album art on the gorgeous N1 screen has been my only beef with the device. But ...

Thread: HOWTO: See your iTunes album art on Nexus One.

HOWTO: See your iTunes album art on Nexus One.

Introduction
    So far, not being able to see my album art on the gorgeous N1 screen has been my only beef with the device. But not anymore. This HOWTO will show you how to embed your album art into the ID3 tag so that your N1 can display it natively. Being FREE can't be bad either.

Disclaimer: I know that Album Art Wizard, MixZing, and other apps exist from the Android App Store to do this, but the flaw is that it may download artwork that is different from the ones in iTunes or it requires data to download the artwork.

This technique is not as easy as using Album Art Wizard or MixZing, but I prefer it. If you are an OSX user, there is an AppleScript to do this.

What You Need
    1. iTunes - You probably already have this installed because you sold your iPhone right?
    2. Teridon's iTunes Scripts - Click the Download link on the top left. Extract the *.exe file to your computer. I simply dumped it into my Music folder.

Steps
    1. Run the teridons_itunes_scripts.exe extracted from the downloaded zip file.
    2. A script selector window will open. Select itunes_insert_artwork and click on [Run selected Script] button.
    3. A small popup will display. Click on [OK].
    4. A command prompt window will open. Enter 'n' when asked to 'Keep extracted image files? [n]'. If you select 'y', all the extracted *.jpg files will be left in the music folder. I don't want that.
    5. Next select the iTunes library to embed the artwork. Enter either '1' (for Library) or '2' (for Music).
    6. iTunes will launch and all your music will be scanned and have its album art embedded within the file.
    7. Connect your N1 and reload all your songs. Your new album art should now be visible.
    8. Enjoy!

Conclusion
    This whole process took about 15 seconds to extract and embed 40 songs in my library that were missing artwork. Hope this works for you.

Hope this is helpful to others struggling to get their pretty album art onto their N1,
    Melvin

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Donkey,

Great post... but backing up a step... how do you sync the N1 with iTunes?

You cannot sync your N1 with iTunes. You never will unless Apple decides to play friendly. I just drag and drop files from my computer to the N1. If I want to get fancier, I use Window Media Player to sync.

ID3 tag is a very standardized method, aside of Apple's and Microsoft's methods, this is what the rest of the tech world uses.

Let me be the frist one to say, Welcome to this side of the pond

you will fine that most of the devices now in day support ID3 tag like, Window Mobile, Symbian, Android, Sony Walkman, Maemo, Palm WebOS, etc.

To sync your N1 with iTunes, check out iSyncr Lite in the Android Market. It will copy your music over.

I used this
    JRT Studio: How To Get Your Album Art On Your Android Phone
    tutorial to get album art on my phone, but I should try it this way to.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links