N1 compatible car receivers?

This is a discussion on N1 compatible car receivers? within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; I see a lot of car receivers like Pioneer and Alpine make iPhone/iPod compatible devices where you can control the music player with the car ...

Thread: N1 compatible car receivers?

N1 compatible car receivers?

I see a lot of car receivers like Pioneer and Alpine make iPhone/iPod compatible devices where you can control the music player with the car controls. Is there something similar for N1/Android?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

JVC KD-AVX44 works flawlessly... also if you want to use ur stock controls from the steering wheel after getting a new receiver... you should check out the "DCI or Dash Control Interface" from modifry.com and make sure you buy one of those before installing the new receiver.

thanks for the tip... would any car receiver with a usb be able to detect my music folder in my N1?

it'll depend on the receiver i think... i haven't tried it w/ mine yet... but i know my ipod touch works using the usb. usually when i want to connect the N1... i just do it thru bluetooth... and the media plays from the receiver... so yea i guess it'll depend with your receiver.

I'll be waiting for the day google makes their on MP3 players or better yet some sort of cable that allows music being controlled in the HU car when a android device is being plugged in..

Quote Originally Posted by Deekayx05 View Post
    I'll be waiting for the day google makes their on MP3 players or better yet some sort of cable that allows music being controlled in the HU car when a android device is being plugged in..
    Music is controlled through the HU when connected with Bluetooth
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

the pioneer DEH-65BT

its bluetooth and u can control the music with the radio

So assuming I do get a head unit that can stream audio through bluetooth; does that mean the headunit can display the mp3 id3 tags as well? Also will the head unit be able to control the music app (Meridian in my case?) eg forward/rewind, go back to album or artist page?

What I really want is to be able to control the Meridian app through a head unit that can be hooked to my car controls, while enjoying album art on the head units screen?

By profession I am a pro audio/acoustics guy but am totally clueless when it come to consumer/car audio. Any help would be appreciated.

I hate how most head units are "ipod ready" when will we get a "android ready" or "google ready"? This makes me very, very angry...

i dont know about showing the id3 tags, but control the phone yes, i did it with the stock music app, i have to try with tunewiki.

also, there r some head unit with USB connection... i will try both (my brother have one)

As far as I know there isn't anything on the market that is going to stream out album art and all that info on your screen.
    I know that most iPod decks will certainly display info and tags but I havn't seen album art either, but I think it could because of the connection it makes.
    My deck is a bit over a year old, so my info is also a year old. I hope HU continue to get better.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links