Song-skipping problem in music player and pandora

This is a discussion on Song-skipping problem in music player and pandora within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; I like to use both Pandora and the N1 music player at home and in the car. Unfortunately I've been experiencing the same problem with ...

Thread: Song-skipping problem in music player and pandora

Song-skipping problem in music player and pandora

I like to use both Pandora and the N1 music player at home and in the car. Unfortunately I've been experiencing the same problem with both of these apps.

Here's what's been going on:

Seems like it doesn't matter wether I'm using Pandora or the N1 player. For some strange reason, the audio tracks just start skipping as if I were selecting a new track. Especially frustrating is on the N1 player, the party shuffle mode will just activate on its own.

I suspect it has something to do with the audio cable I'm pluggin into the audio jack for either home or car stereo, but I'm not sure. I don't think this should be happening. I doesn't happen when I use the earbuds that came with my N1.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had this problem with the car adaptor. but it works fine on my home component system. Weeeeiiiirrrrddd
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

***UPDATE***
    I've narrowed the cause of the down somewhat. The problem definitely has to do with the audio jack/cable connection. I had previously thought it might also involve the micro-usb port, but I've ruled that out as a possibility now.

When I plug in the audio cable, sometimes it will turn inside the jack, and you can hear slight static when that happens. This is causing the media player to go bananas and start jumping through tracks like crazy. It's either the cable or the jack at this point. Either way, it's disappointing. This means either the audio jack, and by extension the phone, is far too sensitive to this sort of thing. Either the jack is defective of the cable has a short and I need to buy a new one. By the way, the cable works fine on everything else.

Standard 3-ring 3.5 audio jacks can trigger commands of the included 4-ring audio jack, resulting in skipping songs or pausing (as you can do using your stock N1 earphones). This is due to normal audio current from your connector flowing to or jumping to a receptor for the 4th ring in your phone. If that makes sense to anyone.

The solution is buying a small cable connector that switches 3-ring audio jacks to 4-ring jacks, there are quite a few out there because the iphone uses the same system.

Hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologic View Post
    Standard 3-ring 3.5 audio jacks can trigger commands of the included 4-ring audio jack, resulting in skipping songs or pausing (as you can do using your stock N1 earphones). This is due to normal audio current from your connector flowing to or jumping to a receptor for the 4th ring in your phone. If that makes sense to anyone.

The solution is buying a small cable connector that switches 3-ring audio jacks to 4-ring jacks, there are quite a few out there because the iphone uses the same system.

Hope this helped
    That makes total sense. It had never occurred to me. Thanks! Now the trick is to find one of these adapters. Any suggestions?

Like I said the iPhone uses 4-ring audio aswell so your best bet would be to search for some iPhone aux 3.5mm audio jack convertors.. basically throw those terms around in some search fields

Here are some examples off amazon that will convert 3-rings to 4-rings:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zooinc-Audio-Converting-Cable-iPhone/dp/B00307CDBO/]Zooinc Audio Converting Cable for Apple iPhone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Headphone-Adaptor-iPhone-XYLO-Accessories/dp/B002Q0JP62/]Brand New 3.5mm to 3.5mm Jack Stereo Headphone Audio: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exspect-EX864-iPHONE-AUDIO-ADAPTOR/dp/B0010VD8YS/]iPHONE AUDIO ADAPTOR: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

Good luck!

M haVin Same problm when I played my two m player I've jst buyed this phone
    Dnt no wat to do huh........t

Ya this is a well documented problem with using the wrong cables. Assuming you live in the US, a trip to Radio Shack or FRY's will solve this problem with a simple adapter.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links