N1 won't play sound in video

This is a discussion on N1 won't play sound in video within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a 1080p Avatar file (mkv) that will not convert properly using Any Video Converter. I like this converter because it gives me the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N1 won't play sound in video

N1 won't play sound in video

I have a 1080p Avatar file (mkv) that will not convert properly using Any Video Converter. I like this converter because it gives me the option for native resolution (800x480) and controls for sharpening, contrast, saturation and brightness. These are all important to me.

The video comes out great and so does the audio on my pc, but the audio is nonexistent on my N1. I've tried converting it at 160kbs or lower, using mp3 and aac with no results. There simply is no sound on my N1, even though there is when I play it on my PC.

The other sounds work fine like music, ringtones, notifications etc..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you playing the video file from the Gallery?

Yes i'm playing it from the gallery. Should I not?

I just tried a player called meridian. It also didn't play sound in the video, and also causes the video to stutter every few seconds, which doesn't happen if i play it from the gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanjupiter View Post
    Yes i'm playing it from the gallery. Should I not?
    The gallery is where you *should* be accessing the video file. Some try to play a video download directly from the download directory on the SD card, which sometimes causes problems, as does using a file manager. Just trying to rule some things out.

Problem may be in the conversion - or - the file size.

The file size has been anywhere from 1.5 to 2 gigs. I know that is big for a mobile video but i could see the difference in quality from that and 700mb, and wasn't happy with the smaller file size quality.

I'm using handbrake this time to see if it solves the problem. the only thing is, i don't see any options in handbrake for sharpness, contrast, brightness or saturation. is it nonexistent? i hate vanilla conversions because they usually don't end up looking the way i want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanjupiter View Post
    I have a 1080p Avatar file (mkv) that will not convert properly using Any Video Converter. I like this converter because it gives me the option for native resolution (800x480) and controls for sharpening, contrast, saturation and brightness. These are all important to me.

The video comes out great and so does the audio on my pc, but the audio is nonexistent on my N1. I've tried converting it at 160kbs or lower, using mp3 and aac with no results. There simply is no sound on my N1, even though there is when I play it on my PC.

The other sounds work fine like music, ringtones, notifications etc..
    To make sure your file is compatible, use an iPhone or iPod profile to start with, and then just change the screensize and quality settings to what you want to use. There are quite a few different options for h264 video and aac audio that affect compatibility with the Droid, and by selecting a working profile to start with you are more likely to get the desired result.

Any Luck?

Any luck in resolving this issue? I'm curious because I'm having the exact opposite problem!

I recorded video on my Nexus One and can transfer and play it on my computer via QuickTime. But when I use Any Video Converter or Any DVD Converter (trial version), it will convert the video but give me nothing for sound. I was about to buy Any DVD Converter but I'm not going to do that if it won't handle the one thing I want it to do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoysDriveAudi View Post
    Any luck in resolving this issue? I'm curious because I'm having the exact opposite problem!

I recorded video on my Nexus One and can transfer and play it on my computer via QuickTime. But when I use Any Video Converter or Any DVD Converter (trial version), it will convert the video but give me nothing for sound. I was about to buy Any DVD Converter but I'm not going to do that if it won't handle the one thing I want it to do right now.
    Your issue is a bit different. The initial topic was started about converting a file on your PC to play on the Nexus.

To convert a video file to play on the Nexus, the file needs to be converted using the proper settings for the video and audio. You can use Handbrake for that, or if you dont want to mess with the settings, you can use DVD Catalyst Free or DVD Catalyst 3 for that.

Your scenario is different. Not all converters can handle the audio format from the recorded video, however the conversion tools I mentioned can handle that just fine. It just depends on what you want to do with the video afterwards, burn to DVD, play on an XBOX/PS3 or email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links