How to get sound clips from movies

This is a discussion on How to get sound clips from movies within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Does anyone know of a way to get sound from a movie? just a small clip of it? the only thing ive heard of so ...

Thread: How to get sound clips from movies

How to get sound clips from movies

Does anyone know of a way to get sound from a movie? just a small clip of it? the only thing ive heard of so far is to use a mic at the speaker, but that sounds pretty dodgy to me.

surely there must be programs out there to do this? Even if i have to pay for the prog, ive got quite a few movies id love to make sound clips from!!
    Wow my phone does everything .. except play WoW
    _____
    |derp |
    ŻŻŻŻ\|
    ------+----(thaddius)++++++++++

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by lisa.nexus.one View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to get sound from a movie? just a small clip of it? the only thing ive heard of so far is to use a mic at the speaker, but that sounds pretty dodgy to me.

surely there must be programs out there to do this? Even if i have to pay for the prog, ive got quite a few movies id love to make sound clips from!!
    there are a variety of programs out there that can convert a movie to an mp3. After that, you can use a program such as Audacity to cut the portions out of the movie that you want to use.

Free DVD & Video to MP3

Quote Originally Posted by lisa.nexus.one View Post
    Mainly because of your question, I created a modified version of DVD Catalyst Free that would do just that.

DVD Catalyst Free for MP3 | Tools4Movies, the official home of DVD Catalyst

The program (free) itself is simple enough. It rips DVDs (and ISO's) and converts movie files such as MKV, AVI, DIVX and MP4 to an MP3 file. The program itself does not have editing capabilities, but it flies. Even on a netbook, it rips DVDs at 10x realtime (4 minutes for a 40minute TV show.

In the User Guide, I included a step-by-step guide on how to edit the file with Audacity (free) to create small clips you can use for ringtones.

Since that portion of the guide starts with loading the MP3 into Audacity, you can use it for creating ringtones from your favorite MP3 songs as well.

Another option would be TubeDownloader (free in Market) will save any YouTube, Yahoo Video, etc video file as an audio file (mp3) to your phone. Then if you wanted to chop it up into small sound bites, use Audacity (free) on your computer as dvdcatalyst suggested.

wow thankyou
    Wow my phone does everything .. except play WoW
    _____
    |derp |
    ŻŻŻŻ\|
    ------+----(thaddius)++++++++++

DVD Catalyst sounds worth a look! Thanks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Another option would be TubeDownloader (free in Market) will save any YouTube, Yahoo Video, etc video file as an audio file (mp3) to your phone. Then if you wanted to chop it up into small sound bites, use Audacity (free) on your computer as dvdcatalyst suggested.

Dear Key,

Is TubeDownloader Better than the JetVD-YouTubeAid App?

(P.S.> can't find TubeDownloader in my Market )

JetVD moves to SD, incidentally...

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...n-move-sd.html

WOAH, all those things are too complicated. Just go to Auidko.net, find the clip / movie on youtube, post the video's url in the space and BOOM it makes ringtones out of it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links