transferring music

This is a discussion on transferring music within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi am new to the nexus and this has probably been asked before but i keep transferring my music to my phone but cant find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transferring music

transferring music

Hi am new to the nexus and this has probably been asked before but i keep transferring my music to my phone but cant find it once its finished, anyone help a thick newbie, thx

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Music's location on Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Hi am new to the nexus and this has probably been asked before but i keep transferring my music to my phone but cant find it once its finished, anyone help a thick newbie, thx
    For me, once I have connected it to my computer and the phone is shown like an extra drive (for example, drive E) on my computer, the music generally is in the Music folder. For example, E:\Music. It also can show up in E:\media\audio mainly when it is Notifications, Alarms and Ringtones. But hopefully you will start loading your music from your computer into a KNOWN file on your phone. Easier to find that way. BUT it is hard to find the music without a file manager installed on your phone UNLESS you hook your phone up to the computer, as I generally described above. Hope this helps....

thanks Max, think i've got that sorted now the files i was transferring wernt mp3 so how can i convert my music to mp3 format have tried to do it with a program i downloaded but it dosent seem to work

thanks Max, think i've got that sorted now the files i was transferring wernt mp3 so how can i convert my music to mp3 format have tried to do it with a program i downloaded but it dosent seem to work
    Download Mediamonkey:
    MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter
    ..use it's fast (LAME) mp3 converter, select 256k or better conversion rate.

thx for your help, got a feeleing i'm gonna be asking a lot more questions

thx for your help, got a feeleing i'm gonna be asking a lot more questions
    No problem..happy to help!

ok, last one in this section hopefully, i have now converted a file but when i tranfer it it comes up "unknown", have tried renaming the file on the pc but still no joy.

ok, last one in this section hopefully, i have now converted a file but when i tranfer it it comes up "unknown", have tried renaming the file on the pc but still no joy.
    Are the files now proper mp3's, and where to they reside on your puter?

i converted them from wma and in a folder i created

i converted them from wma and in a folder i created
    As long as the .mp3 extension is on the files (and they play on the puter), they should transfer over to the N1 without issue, pending whatever music app you use can find them. I place my tunes in a 'music' folder in root of the sd, and I simply drag/drop when the N1 is connected to puter (no software transfer).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links