No Sound when recording video ??

This is a discussion on No Sound when recording video ?? within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. It's not as though the phone is missing a codec or something, it's ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Sound when recording video ??

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. It's not as though the phone is missing a codec or something, it's that it is not recording the sound at all...so playing on a PC doesn't matter.

This issue is really starting to perturb me. It seems very strange that so many people are having the same issue happen all around the same time.

The phone probably needs a microphone replacement. I work at a cell phone store, and had to replace a customers today who was on stock 2.2.

There are 2 microphones in the phone; one next to the charging port, and one toward the top left of the battery. I you look at the battery cover, you will see a tiny slit in the case towards the left where the battery resides. This microphone is for the video recorder.

Hope this helps.

I don't think it's that though...if it were, I would figure voice calls would sound like s**t, but they're fine. Also, I tried video recording with the handsfree headset/mic plugged in, and still no-go...

Well.....don't know how to explain this, but: it works now!

Don't know why. On a whim, I just decided to try recording a vid as a test (as I have done several times in the last week...sort of a "will it work now??" thing).

And lo and behold, it DOES work. Weird. I haven't made any changes to anything, no new apps, or deleted apps or anything like that.

Can't explain, but my mind is now put to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by velveteen71 View Post
    I don't think it's that though...if it were, I would figure voice calls would sound like s**t, but they're fine. Also, I tried video recording with the handsfree headset/mic plugged in, and still no-go...
    Once again, there are TWO microphones; one for voice calling, and one for video recording. You can make calls completely fine, like my customer, but have NO audio for the video camera recordings.

And maybe your issue was something in the headset jack, I could be wrong though.

I don't think that is entirely correct. Just now I recorded video and spoke directly into the main mic, beside the charging poles on the bottom. It is evident from the level of recording that this mic indeed records the audio.

Hey Velveteen...I still have this problem. Figure I'll wait for Gingerbread to come out, and if that doesn't fix it, I'm sending it in to HTC before the warranty runs out.

Any way to check when it runs out? Bought mine in January, first day it was available I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Playa4Life352 View Post
    Once again, there are TWO microphones; one for voice calling, and one for video recording. You can make calls completely fine, like my customer, but have NO audio for the video camera recordings.

And maybe your issue was something in the headset jack, I could be wrong though.
    That's not why there are two mics. One is for noise cancellation. Why would a voice recorder app (which works perfectly fine) use a completely different mic from the video camera app?

Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    Hey Velveteen...I still have this problem. Figure I'll wait for Gingerbread to come out, and if that doesn't fix it, I'm sending it in to HTC before the warranty runs out.

Any way to check when it runs out? Bought mine in January, first day it was available I think.
    The warranty is one full year so it runs out on the same day you bought it one year later.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Playa4Life352 View Post

That's not why there are two mics. One is for noise cancellation. Why would a voice recorder app (which works perfectly fine) use a completely different mic from the video camera app?
    Because of where and when you use it because the camera is in the back so it better to use the back mic to listen to the sound because that is where the video is taking place. As for a voice recorder its more to record yourself or other so you will hold it up to your mouth or like if it was a mic and you were a reporter:rofl3:

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? My phone worked great as far as recording videos and the sound playing back. I recorded some videos the other day of my grandkids and there is no audio on playback now. I have a rooted phone and Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0 RC1. I have tried rolling back through several rom builds to see if that would repair the problem but still nothing. I even tried messing with the actual microphone as suggested by someone in another post. Help please!!!

Edit: Hey, if anyone has this problem I didn't find a fix for the android default camera. I did however find an app that works if you need it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ZXJhLnVjYW0iXQ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links