Audio Quality

This is a discussion on Audio Quality within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by americanexpat My wife has a Nokia N98 8GB and if you were to put both phones side by side and either use ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio Quality

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    My wife has a Nokia N98 8GB and if you were to put both phones side by side and either use speakerphone for a phone conversation or use the speakerphone to listen to music the Nokia N95 8GB will win hands down in terms of sound quality/volume from the speakers.

The Nexus one is not all that bad if you are not so picky or observant.
    I'm sorry but kasrhp and alphawave7 give very detailed and knowledgeable reviews of the sound quality of the nexus one. To me they sound VERY picky and observant.

True the speaker phone sucks, but I don't think that's what the point of the OP's question was. I mean who listens to music on the speaker phone anyway?

What would you suggest as a good matched pair of headphones for the nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I am sure that there are better headphones out there than the BOSE ones but the BOSE ones are not all that bad. These are the ones I am using. My wife has a Nokia N98 8GB and if you were to put both phones side by side and either use speakerphone for a phone conversation or use the speakerphone to listen to music the Nokia N95 8GB will win hands down in terms of sound quality/volume from the speakers on the N95 compared to the speaker on the Nexus One. You get two nice sounding speakers on the Nokia where you get one crackling speaker on the Nexus One.

Once again, the amplifier on your iPhone/iPod etc. is a better match (more current) to drive the higher impedance Bose IEC's (they're 32 ohm). The Nexus amplifier runs on less current, and Ohms Law dictates there's an inverse relationship between current and resistance, so your higher impedance IEC Bose sound quieter on the Nexus, it has nothing at all to do with the Nexus being of 'poor quality'..you simply have a mismatched set of IEC's for the amp in the Nexus. A separate headphone amp would easily supply sufficient current to drive your Nexus-driven Bose IEC's just as loud as your iPod/iPhone, or you could simply get a set of IEC's at 16 through 27 ohms, and be just as loud (if not louder) than your Bose/iPhone pairing.

Thanks I wouldn't have known this had you not mentioned it. I will look into those.

Quote Originally Posted by leedaddy29 View Post
    What would you suggest as a good matched pair of headphones for the nexus?
    I'm no audiophile but I got a pair of NuForce NE-7M's on a recommendation in another thread. They are inexpensive ($50) but sound really good for the price. They have a mic and a button for answering calls and controlling audio tracks. No volume control though. I'm sure there are much better options out there depending on how much you want to spend and whether or not you are looking for something with a mic. For the price though, I think these would be hard to beat.

I am sure that there are better headphones out there than the BOSE ones but the BOSE ones are not all that bad. These are the ones I am using. My wife has a Nokia N98 8GB and if you were to put both phones side by side and either use speakerphone for a phone conversation or use the speakerphone to listen to music the Nokia N95 8GB will win hands down in terms of sound quality/volume from the speakers on the N95 compared to the speaker on the Nexus One. You get two nice sounding speakers on the Nokia where you get one crackling speaker on the Nexus One.

Once again, the amplifier on your iPhone/iPod etc. is a better match (more current) to drive the higher impedance Bose IEC's (they're 32 ohm). The Nexus amplifier runs on less current, and Ohms Law dictates there's an inverse relationship between current and resistance, so your higher impedance IEC Bose sound quieter on the Nexus, it has nothing at all to do with the Nexus being of 'poor quality'..you simply have a mismatched set of IEC's for the amp in the Nexus. A separate headphone amp would easily supply sufficient current to drive your Nexus-driven Bose IEC's just as loud as your iPod/iPhone, or you could simply get a set of IEC's at 16 through 27 ohms, and be just as loud (if not louder) than your Bose/iPhone pairing.
    Something like this?

Shure - SE310 Sound Isolating Earphones

Something like this?

Shure - SE310 Sound Isolating Earphones
    Sure (yuk,yuk) those will work. Still, before spending that much give these a try:
    Image S4 Headphones - In Ear Headphones, Stereo Headphones, Earphones, Earbuds - Free Shipping - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - Specifications
    I bet these will surprise you...be sure to burn them in for 48+ hours on a 'hits' channel at normal listening volume, before judging their characteristics.

I was looking at some of the reviews on Amazon and they did not look too good from some people on there.

You can also go with a headphone amplifier for $20. The Fiio E5 is a very good quality amplifier that boosts volume, and adds to the sound. I havent tried it myself, but have seen many positive reviews on it. I havent heard a negative about it yet. I have the E3, which is a little smaller, but all that does is boost the volume.

http://www.fiio.com.cn/en/showproduct.asp?id=309

Just another option for anyone if they would like.

Alphawave, do you know the full specs for audio on the Nexus? I havent been able to find them online at all. Care to share

Saw this on gsmarena.com

This will help give everyone an idea of how the Nexus responds.

I was looking at some of the reviews on Amazon and they did not look too good from some people on there.[/QUOTE]

The Klipsch or the Shure's?

Quote Originally Posted by kasrhp View Post
    Saw this on gsmarena.com

This will help give everyone an idea of how the Nexus responds.
    Not everyone What does it mean?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links