Audio Quality

This is a discussion on Audio Quality within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; It means that the N1 is pretty "flat" in frequency response, with some 'ripple' at the highest frequencies. It also indicates pretty poor bass response....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audio Quality

It means that the N1 is pretty "flat" in frequency response, with some 'ripple' at the highest frequencies. It also indicates pretty poor bass response.

Bob,

He is right. Some players are different depending on the mfr. When the line is flatter, it means its a neutral frequency response. The flatter, usually the better. But, some mfrs like Cowon have a bit of a wave going in their players because they feel it provides the end users with better sound quality to their liking.
    There are a lot of factors that go into sound quality. Even though a player is flat, it does not mean it sounds the best. But, in the case of the Nexus, this seems very accurate to my ears also. The bass does indeed lighten up on the low end to my ears. I wouldnt call it lacking in bass, but it is something to consider depending on the headphones you are using. For instance, with some cheapo v moda bass frequency buds, the bass is still booming.
    Overall though, this indicates a pretty solid player.

Want good sound from your n1? Get rid of the ear buds, ear buds just don't have the capacity to reproduce sound like full fledge headphones. I use Motorola's s805's Bluetooth headphones with my Nexus and they completely ROCK! Great highs, mid and lows for a wireless headset. You will immediately tell the difference when you use full size headphones.

if you want to have good speaker quality from your nexus just buy one of these. whenever i know im going to be playing music from my phone somewhere, i just throw this thing in my pocket/backpack and plug it in

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/XMI-X-Mini-II-Capsule-Speaker/dp/B001UEBN42]Amazon.com: X-Mini II Capsule Speaker: Electronics[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by kasrhp View Post
    Saw this on gsmarena.com

This will help give everyone an idea of how the Nexus responds.
    Unfortunately, it won't even remotely give anyone an idea of what it sounds like. The human ear simply doesn't work that way. It's been discussed many times at Head-Fi, but we as a collection of cultures simply don't like "flat" sound. Heck, check out frequency responses on Grado headphones and then find out what people think of them.

Generally, a frequency graph as a representation of audio is the same as a sign that says "192 fish" in text as a representation of a coral reef.

Quote Originally Posted by peabody624 View Post
    if you want to have good speaker quality from your nexus just buy one of these. whenever i know im going to be playing music from my phone somewhere, i just throw this thing in my pocket/backpack and plug it in

Amazon.com: X-Mini II Capsule Speaker: Electronics
    Pretty good idea

kasrhp,

You haven't listened to the Zen X-FI, it is head and shoulders better than any other mp3 player out ther. Plus it come with their $50 earbuds that are identical to a pair of $80 Sennheiser earbuds. I have a pair of Senn. Headphones and a jack for my car stereo. The difference between the N1 and the Zen X-FI is astonishing.

That said the N1 is still a pretty nice sounding phone when not using the speaker. I think it sounds at least as good as my gf's i-touch.

Agree and disagree with the above:
    Music quality is good on the Nexus One, PROVIDED you adjust the equalizer a bit. That being said, equalizers are not widely-available in all music players for Android yet.

I have been playing with Astro Player, which does have equalizer (don't forget to check 'use equalizer' at the top before using the sliders). app is free with ads, $3 without them.

I have a $40 SkullCandy headset, and am not missing any low, mid or highs...going to invest in a $100-250 headset(either Audio Technica ATH-SQ5 or a pair of Grados, even though they're open, or Phiaton WS 400)
    soon, so we'll see if anything is missing then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links