Audio Quality

This is a discussion on Audio Quality within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; My ipod/iphone is one of the best devices for audio quality in terms of music. How is the N1?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Audio Quality

Audio Quality

My ipod/iphone is one of the best devices for audio quality in terms of music.
    How is the N1?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It is actually quite good, if you are listening with headphones anyway... unfortunately there aren't any equalisers with the built-in media player, i think some 3rd party music players do though...

The speaker quality isn't really that good though.

P.S. Welcome to the forum :-)
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The sound quality is the same. Speaker quality is poor. The interface is no where comparable to iPod, you can try third party ones. And sadly no EQ. Not a big deal to me though, just as long as I can listen to music.

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    The sound quality is the same. Speaker quality is poor. The interface is no where comparable to iPod, you can try third party ones. And sadly no EQ. Not a big deal to me though, just as long as I can listen to music.
    muahahahahahahahaha I beat you to it :P

Yeah, I agree with you, I hope they put in an EQ in a future update
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    muahahahahahahahaha I beat you to it :P

Yeah, I agree with you, I hope they put in an EQ in a future update
    Arggg!! Slow typer!

Sound quality is poor. I have an Iphone 3G and a Nexus One. Bottom line is if I plug in some Bose Earphones into my Nexus One and into my Iphone the sound quality from the Iphone will be much better when listening to music or talking on the phone. Speaker/phone quality on both is pretty pathetic. They definitely could have put in some better speaker/s.

The new Desire from HTC may have a better speaker in there. I noticed they mentioned Dolby sound here.

HTC Desire - Full phone specifications

I disagree with the above post. The sound quality of the Nexus One is very clean. I wouldn't say it has the warmth of a Cowon player (which combined with BBE is the best sounding portable media player in the world, I have the Cowon O2), but the sound is even and clean throughout. It sounds identical to my Sansa Clip with the EQ on the Clip turned off (so its flat, due to the N1 not having an equalizer, this must be done to truly compare the players). Thats really saying something because the Sansa Clip is also one of the best sounding player out there, and it plays completely even throughout the entire sound spectrum with no roll off. The N1 also has good separation between instruments, vocals, and the mid frequencies.

From ubergizmo.com Nexus One Review - Nexus One ReviewNexus One Review - Nexus One Review : "I also tested the sound quality with a pair of Sony MDR-NC500D headphones and the sound was as good as any recent MP3 player that I tried, including the Zune HD."

Id like to see a little more boom from the bass, and a little more warmth. Overall though, I like the way it sounds.

For test purposes I used Sony MDRNC60, Sennheiser mx75, and an extra pair of V-Moda's.

Regarding the previous post, the iPhone is by no means a good sounding media player. The built in equalizers actually make it sound even worse than normal. Apple has done a terrible job of putting better than average sound quality in their players/phone. And no offense, but never trust anyone's review when they say they use Bose. Check out Head-fi or AnythingButipod.com and see what they say about Bose.

Good article regarding Bose products:
    intellexual net m k i v

Bose= Buy Other Sound Equipment

I am sure that there are better headphones out there than the BOSE ones but the BOSE ones are not all that bad. These are the ones I am using. My wife has a Nokia N98 8GB and if you were to put both phones side by side and either use speakerphone for a phone conversation or use the speakerphone to listen to music the Nokia N95 8GB will win hands down in terms of sound quality/volume from the speakers on the N95 compared to the speaker on the Nexus One. You get two nice sounding speakers on the Nokia where you get one crackling speaker on the Nexus One.

The Nexus one is not all that bad if you are not so picky or observant.

I agree with you on the speakerphone concept. The Nokia with the 2 speakers will definitely sound better. But I believe the original question was regarding music quality. The N1 produces quality sound on many ranges of headphones. I feel it is definitely good enough to be your standalone portable player (which combined with the video quality and AMOLED, not to shabby for a phone).

I didnt mean to get on you too much for your Bose headphones. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I am glad you like yours. At least you arent using the stock buds I just feel they have mediocre sound especially for the price. The link I added earlier explains it pretty well.

Alphawave, havent tried AAC with the N1. I usually listen to MP3 at 256k or higher or FLAC. I hope they fix the AAC though, its a good audio format.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links