Transfer Music

This is a discussion on Transfer Music within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anybody know the best way to transfer music onto the N1. I tried double twist to transfer my itunes library but it's the biggest piece ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Music

Transfer Music

Anybody know the best way to transfer music onto the N1. I tried double twist to transfer my itunes library but it's the biggest piece of crap. Takes roughly 45min and then it doesn't even transfer a tenth of the music when it says its done. And I'm talking about the music that is not protected. Anybody know any other way???

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    Anybody know the best way to transfer music onto the N1. I tried double twist to transfer my itunes library but it's the biggest piece of crap. Takes roughly 45min and then it doesn't even transfer a tenth of the music when it says its done. And I'm talking about the music that is not protected. Anybody know any other way???
    How many gigs of Music do you have?

click and drag into SD card rename album art cover to albumart.jpg for it to show up

Does this mean your music should just be on the root of the SD card?

Shouldn't you use a folder called "music" or some such thing? Also, does the default player want your albums in their own directories?

Quote Originally Posted by themikemiller View Post
    Does this mean your music should just be on the root of the SD card?

Shouldn't you use a folder called "music" or some such thing? Also, does the default player want your albums in their own directories?
    Yes the mp3s go into the music folder of your SD card. I was assuming you know that's the proper place to put them but I think the phone searches the whole card and looks for files that it can play. Each album I have has it's own separate folder inside the music folder.

You can put the mp3's anywhere on the SD card. Android will scan.

Check out iSyncr in the Android Market. It will help you sync with iTunes and even update your play counts.

Or, you can always try another pedia player. J River Jukebox is very good, also check out Media Monkey. Both are way better than iTunes.

My N1 is not scanning for music. I downloaded a vbr mp3 live show. Unzipped and moved it from "downloads" to "Music" on the sdcard. The default player won't find my music. It also said that it couldn't play .ogg files.

I use ES File explorer and it will play the files if I click them from the Music directory.

I'm very confused now.

Thanks, I tried isyncr and works well!!

I just undock the Mem card and then move my music onto the card.. I have mine set up real simple.. Main folder is called music and then each group has a sub-folder under that (aka each of my Rammstein albums is under Music/Rammstein/) Very simple and N1 sees it all with no prob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links