Graduated away from iPhone, now how about iTunes?

This is a discussion on Graduated away from iPhone, now how about iTunes? within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sup all, So, for the past few years I've used iTunes very reluctantly on my Windows machines to sync first my car iPod then my ...

Thread: Graduated away from iPhone, now how about iTunes?

Graduated away from iPhone, now how about iTunes?

Sup all,

So, for the past few years I've used iTunes very reluctantly on my Windows machines to sync first my car iPod then my iPhone. I've had a sour taste in my mouth the whole time. Now that I've got a Nexus One, I am MORE THAN happy to use Windows Media Player to sync up my tunes to the phone. However, in the preceding months, I finally gave Genius Playlists a shot. Let's be honest, genius playlists are a god send if you have a ton of music and simply don't have the time to hunt out good tunes that will match up well - which I fail at anyways.

So, how do I replace the functionality of genius playlists? I've downloaded and tried 'The Filter' and it basically crashed on me enough and was enough of a pain that I don't think it's the solution for me. Past that, I've used Media Monkey to organize my music files but I don't think it has a smart playlist option either. The Auto Playlists in WMP don't do me much good either as I need to define all the criteria that sorts the songs - none of my music has 'tags', so I can't really set this up without going through ALL my music.

Any ideas yall? I'd love nothing more than to be able to finally, once and for all, uninstall this bloated and craptastic bit of software known as iTunes - help me out!

Thanks much.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I feel your pain! I had to download and install that bloatware POS to get a friends iPhone set up and running...ZOMGWTFBBQ!!! People actually INTENTIONALLY put that on their machines!?!?! :rofl3:

Since you already have MM, use it's lookup services to auto-tag your tunage...it's truly the only way to sort your tracks properly in a friendly, non-proprietary way. IIRC, Zune software does this too, but it's almost as bloaty as iTunes. Study MM's tagging features in detail, and you will see how powerful it actually is. Once tagged, you can use WMP auto-playlists, although MM does exactly the same thing. It even connects to the N1 like iTunes does for the iPhone, and if you want a familiar feel of iTunes, there's even a skin in MM that does that too.
    Dang, exactly what I was in need of - thank you very much. I'm in the process of auto tagging the music from the web now, will definitely make some sweeeeeet playlists out of it. My 16gb card just came in, and now that I can make good playlists without having to think up each song individually, iTunes is getting UNINSTALLEDDDDDD woo! Yeah, uh, no need for a MM itunes skin, thanks but no thanks. I've used itunes on mac, and hey - it ain't terrible. On a PC though? Sorry, not even close to acceptable software.

I can't tell you guys how much I am loving my N1. Android is great, even if less intuitive than iPhone's UI. This snapdragon is so friggin fast it ain't funny - my phone has not even lagged once yet, never. I'll get over the four hardware buttons soon enough.. though they do get a bit tiresome if I am totally honest. Having only had the phone for a few days, I know I will get more accustomed to Android's quarks, but on the whole it is magnificent. In the next few weeks I'll start working on some App ideas I have - but I need to work on my Java skills first.

Got a bit off track from the thread, but thank you for solving this problem for me - perfect solution!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links