Movies on the Nexus One

This is a discussion on Movies on the Nexus One within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok, Now that the Nexus One has AT&T 3G support, I pulled the trigger and it should be here tomorrow. I own many many movies, ...

Thread: Movies on the Nexus One

Movies on the Nexus One

Ok,

Now that the Nexus One has AT&T 3G support, I pulled the trigger and it should be here tomorrow. I own many many movies, but they are all either BluRay or DVD. I own zero digital movies. However, I do know how to convert them using software. Unfortunately, this is a long process (about an hr per movie), and it is a pain in the butt.

So to my question...

Where can I buy 800x480 digital movies? Any, and I mean any advice is welcome as I am on travel for 2 weeks starting Sunday. PM or email me if you need.

Thanks in advance,

Que

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well that just sucks...

You would think someone would be turning a profit by making 800x480 optimized movies. I know I can do it myself, but I can also change the oil in my car myself. However, I would rather pay to have it done for me. I have better things to do with my time.

I will keep looking, I know someone is doing this.

Que

There are ssome people that upload movies to those sharing sites, however, the movies and such themselves are copyrighted, so the company selling them needs to "license" them. The movie industry themselves seems somewhat scared of the internet, which is why they force distribution methods such as Zune Marketplace and Apple iTunes to wrap the content in DRM, which does not work on the Droid.

With MP3s Amazon eliminated that by offering DRM free music, however for movies and tv shows this is not the case yet.

I guess your best bet is to convert them.

Screensize compare

I'm not sure if Blackberry movies on your Nexus would be a good choice. DVDs will be down-scaled to a lower resolution, and while the Gallery (or other video players) can scale the video to fill the screen more, it will not benefit the quality of the video.

Resolutions:

Nexus : 848x480
    DVD : 720x480
    Blackberry Bold, Storm, Tour : 480x360
    Blackberry Curve/Pearl : 320x240

If you use a Blackberry guide for your conversions, make sure to adjust the resolution to the proper size for best results.

Is it really THAT big of a deal? I dont think so, ive been using the movies from the BB forum for a long time and the quality is very good, for a phone. I mean, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Is it really THAT big of a deal? I dont think so, ive been using the movies from the BB forum for a long time and the quality is very good, for a phone. I mean, come on.
    It depends. If you look at posts on the Droid-side of these forums, quite a few people are using the max settings for their conversions. Full res, full-screen, highest bitrates etc.

Personally, I rather have smaller filesizes for my own videos, so I can fit more without having to refill, but a lot of people just put one or 2 movies on their phone that they use to show off to people.

On top of that, there are people that read the specs of their phone, and believe that the specifications of "up to 1500Kbps" actually means "only 1500kbps" and stick to that, while 800-1000kbps works just as good.

I would think psp movies would work great

Yup just downloaded some from a psp site I used to use looks great on the nexus one

Google "Rip It" and you can put the DVDs on your computer which you can then put on your phone...that software gets rid of the digital protection and stuff

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links