Wireless audio for the car

This is a discussion on Wireless audio for the car within the Nexus One Audio / Video forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is it possible to connect the N1 wirelessly to the "audio in" jack in my car? I would think that I would need a Bluetooth ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wireless audio for the car

  1. #1
    Junior Member celebration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1

    Wireless audio for the car

    Is it possible to connect the N1 wirelessly to the "audio in" jack in my car? I would think that I would need a Bluetooth device (w/ power source) that connects to my "audio in" jack.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member Budske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    422
    i think u need a device like the FM adapter for iphone, but u can also buy a car radio with bluetooth, there are some from pioneer with bt streaming (i have one)

  4. #3
    Junior Member fone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    Editted: Wrong info

  5. #4
    Senior Member keyplyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    708
    Too much signal interference driving around for my taste, so I spliced into the XM connection (discontinued subscription) in my Corvette and use the 3.5mm jack. Actually, I see no advantage in using a BT over wired. At least with wired I just plug it in and I know it's connected.






    .

  6. #5
    Android Lurker Lionsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    Yes it works very well.
    I bought a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 and when I turn on my car it connects automatically, I just push the play button on my stereo and can even skip to next song or go back to last song all from my car stereo.

    You can see who is calling on the dashboard and answer or look up your contact and make a call, I don't necessarily use this feature but it work wonderful.

  7. #6
    Android Lurker Lionsson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    Here is a list of stereos that have Bluetooth built-in. You may want to enter your car model.
    Crutchfield

  8. #7
    Senior Member Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Actually, I see no advantage in using a BT over wired. At least with wired I just plug it in and I know it's connected.
    b/c it looks prettier without a cord coming out of the top Also, bt offers hands free voice integration.

  9. #8
    Senior Member ScottyPimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    Yes it works very well.
    I bought a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 and when I turn on my car it connects automatically, I just push the play button on my stereo and can even skip to next song or go back to last song all from my car stereo.

    You can see who is calling on the dashboard and answer or look up your contact and make a call, I don't necessarily use this feature but it work wonderful.
    Wow that's a nice looking receiver. A bit expensive imo but still nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Actually, I see no advantage in using a BT over wired. At least with wired I just plug it in and I know it's connected.
    b/c it looks prettier without a cord coming out of the top Also, bt offers hands free voice integration.
    Thanks for this link, i was about to buy one with out BT, i'm glad i saw this :D

  10. #9
    Junior Member salazarn54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    i have the pioneer avh-p4100dvd installed in my car with the bluetooth adapter. and it works great with my nexus. best thing about it is i can hear the navigation voice thru my stereo so its just like having a really gps. works great

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Problems with push mail and showing email history.
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Android Forum