How to add .APK files to root folder

This is a discussion on How to add .APK files to root folder within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok... If you already know how to root your phone then here's a guide for noobies like me to install .APK files into your root ...

Thread: How to add .APK files to root folder

How to add .APK files to root folder

Ok... If you already know how to root your phone then here's a guide for noobies like me to install .APK files into your root folder.

Steps:

1. First thing you do is mount your phone to your pc. Then create a new folder and name it to whatever you want and leave it on your
    desktop.

(Not sure if I should be giving out links to .apk files here so do a search)
    2. Download the apk file from a server. (Go on youtube and search for .APK files)The key here is youre looking for a file that has .apk in the end. So when you download
    a file, sometimes you have to exract it then it will give you the .apk file afterwards.

3. Once you have downloaded the .apk file, transfer it to the new folder you created. Make sure to name it so you know wc folder it is.

4. Transfer that new folder you created with the .apk file inside to your F: drive (the root of your sd card).

5. Now unmount your phone.

6. Download a task manager from Marketplace. I prefer using "Androzip". Very easy to use.

7. Open the androzip task manager and navigate to the SDcard folder (./sdcard).

8. Find the new folder you had transfered (Im sure you had rename it by now) and open it.

9. Once you have opened the folder, Find the file that has the .APK. Click and Install it. There you go you have a new app for free! Enjoy!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Huh? Move a .apk to your sd card and simply open it with a taskmanager and press install or something similar. Done.
    One (1) sentence to descripe the whole process
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    Huh? Move a .apk to your sd card and simply open it with a taskmanager and press install or something similar. Done.
    One (1) sentence to descripe the whole process
    Thanks for commenting. I know im new here and this is why I wrote a step by step for noobies. Yes yours is very simple but clearly this are for noobies who are just learning tohack their nexus.

You dont have to sound and be arrogant about it but thank you..

Oh one more thing... You cant open your sd card through task manager if your sd card is still mounted. Exactly why I posted a noob guide!

I'm sorry a 9step tutorial for this is weird :D But thanks, it will help some n00bs I guess! Mine is for pr0s then. My post wasn't meant to be arrogant, just some sarcasm

Edit // the best thing is that I did write a similar tutorial in german earlier :D

If anyone needs a link to some free .apk files let me know and PM me. I was able to download Navigon gps on my nexus one coz I got tired listening to the robotic gps voice of google maps. It was also draining my battery with maps,3gs and gps running all at the sametime.

I'm sorry a 9step tutorial for this is weird :D But thanks, it will help some n00bs I guess! Mine is for pr0s then. My post wasn't meant to be arrogant, just some sarcasm

Edit // the best thing is that I did write a similar tutorial in german earlier :D
    Look mr. Sarcastic. Im not trying to compete with you as to who made this first. Besides, how am I suppose to read your thread when Im not German.

Anyway.. thanks for looking though

noooo it wasnt meant like this!! I just said that Im being sarcastic but wrote such a long tutorial TOO! :\

noooo it wasnt meant like this!! I just said that Im being sarcastic but wrote such a long tutorial TOO! :\

Welcome to the noobies forum!!!! (Im being sarcastic)

Oh, your thread is in the wrong subforums aswell :D
    (just waiting for a mod deleting our posts..)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links