Modaco's Desire ROM Alpha 19 will not connect to data service?

This is a discussion on Modaco's Desire ROM Alpha 19 will not connect to data service? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just tried the Desire ROM and I cannot connect to the internet! =[ Under phone information it shows my phone connected to HSDPA but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modaco's Desire ROM Alpha 19 will not connect to data service?

Modaco's Desire ROM Alpha 19 will not connect to data service?

I just tried the Desire ROM and I cannot connect to the internet! =[ Under phone information it shows my phone connected to HSDPA but 3g doesn't show or connect. Is there anyway to enable it?
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can get it working by:

tapping menu button on homescreen
    clicking settings
    Wireless & Networks
    Mobile Networks
    Access Point Names
    Tapping menu button and tapping New APN.

Name: T-Mobile US
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050
    Port: 8080
    Username: (leave this blank)
    Password: (leave this blank)
    Server: (leave this blank)
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.english.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (don't know if this is important)
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    Authentication Type: leave at Not Set
    APN Type: (leave this blank)

Make sure to save after you enter it all.

Hope it works

thankx

hey, wow, i am having the same problems. this sux. if im driving in a car i cant get any wifi or 3g no connection at all..very frustrating. i copied the steps you posted but quick question. the mms proxy was a 0 short from the top proxy. is supposed to be like that? im unsure of what do do. also after i copy these steps and save them, then what?. please help us. i love the sense ui and absotly want to stay with it for everyday use, just not being able to connect to the web, sux. =(

I don't believe that leading 0 matters. I have had it both ways. After you copy the steps and save, your phone should connect. Does it show up with the 3g or H mark?

@fuzzy, ...it kind of does, its on and off. it has the wifi symbol on...am i supposed to just set it to wcdma only?...it still does the same thing. in my house its perfect, blazing fast, but as soon as i go outside somewhere, its has problems connecting, ...dosent show not connected right away like before, just takes longer just to say that anyway. ...please...help me...its like i have everything on the phone but i cant get data connection if im out my house?...also. if it cant be fixed , what are your thoughts about unroot?...will it go back to the regular way?. because one of the best things about my nexus one was the speed, especially with the internet. now its gone, seems pointless =(

Data issue

This theme is the best theme that I have seen for the nexus one. It makes it look great. Anyone have any idea how to fix the data issue that I am having. The 3g logo is there, but does not load. Thanks

Solved the problem

Ok guys after messing around for a little while, I seen there was some settings on the phone that were not on the list. in authentican type select PAP. It was not working for me at all. Once I selected PAP everything worked just fine.. Good luck & hope it works!!!

about pap

Hey....tried the pap in setting....works good...one question?..should I have it only on cdma or both that and WiFi ?.... thanks

Honestly I do not know.. I happen to just get it to work because I saw that those setting were skipped on the list above so I just selected that one and it worked. I noticed the perfromance of the data was better when I selected both. Its crazy fast and I am running T-Mobile Tzones

pk cool, so ill try with both selected. but i sould still ave wifi turned off in the wifi setting?. i mean everything runns great, just that i cant naviate with gps because it dosent get a connection when im outside, which makes no sense, and i love showing off my nexus ones navigation..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links