N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm having difficulty with the rooting process. I'm using a Mac, and when I open Terminal I get "no file or directory exists" when I ...

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

I'm having difficulty with the rooting process. I'm using a Mac, and when I open Terminal I get "no file or directory exists" when I try to unlock in fastboot. My mac doesn't detect a device when the phone is in fastboot usb. Does anyone have a link or instructions on the rooting process on a mac?

Sweet guide! Im rooted finally too! Thank you very much. Took about an hour to do.

I rooted and flashed to Desire ROM. Right now i think that was a big mistake cus the ROM is still at alpha and it is buggy, lags, something doesnt work and stuff... So now i can't go back to stock and maybe locked. So maybe I'll try Cyanogen :D

Wow! Thanks very much for the guide. The guide is very detailed!
    I just rooted my phone and flashed the Cyanogen Mod.

Will this work on Android 2.2?

I'm in Canada and I'm ordering a N1 so it will be unlocked. Do I still need to do steps 3a to 3f? Or can I skip those steps?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    I'm going to try and keep this as short as possible but also explain everything needed for the beginner that is attempting to root his/her first android (N1) phone.

1. Setting up Android-SDK

1a. Download Android-SDK
    1b. Extract the folder out of the .zip file
    1c. Launch SDK Setup
    1d. In the "Choose Packages to Install" window, select the bubble for "Accept All" and click install. This process will download approx 1.3gb.
    1e. rename the folder from "android-sdk-windows" to "n1", this will make future steps easier.
    1f. move the n1 folder to the root of the c:, again this will make future steps easier
    **Troubleshooting: Force download in the settings menu if you receive the error below (see attached pic):
    Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...repository.xml, reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings

2. Enabling USB Debugging on the N1

2. On your N1, go in to settings>applications>development, check the USB debugging box.

3. Unlock the Bootloader

3a. Download fastboot
    3b. Move the fastboot-windows file from the zip file into your C:\N1\tools folder
    3c. Shutdown your N1 & connect your usb cable. While holding down the track ball press the power button, this will put the N1 in the fastboot menu.
    3d. On your PC open a command prompt. Navigate to your C:\N1\tools folder. commands if needed are: cd \ [enter], cd n1 [enter], cd tools [enter]
    3e. Type "fastboot-windows oem unlock" with out quotations. This will bring up a prompt on your phone to unlock the boot loader. By doing this you will void your warrenty and it will factory reset your phone.
    3f. repeat step 2 to enable usb debugging.

**Notes: I wrote this by memory. If anyone sees something out of place please let me know and i'll edit it. Although everything should be just fine :D

Happy Rooting!!

If this guide has helped you, spare some change :D
    when typing in the fast-boot oem unlock, it says waiting for device

Thanks a lot, it worked perfectly after I got all the drivers installed :D

I rooted using Paul's superboot. I even have SuperUser Permissions icon and I installed a root only app so I definitely am rooted.

However, using your guide I installed aman's recovery successfully but I can't access the recovery menu. It keeps showing the android with the exclamation mark. Your guide says my phone is not rooted but it is! Any ideas. Kind of stuck here.

so im stuck on 3e command promt says waiting for device but no promt says unlock bootloader on my phone

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links