N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Nexus1!:D so im stuck on 3e command promt says waiting for device but no promt says unlock bootloader on my phone There's ...

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus1!:D View Post
    so im stuck on 3e command promt says waiting for device but no promt says unlock bootloader on my phone
    There's now an easier way to root and not unlock the bootloader. I did this a few days ago and it works.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...available.html
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Nobby,

Which radio do you have. I have the one ending in 12_7 and no problems. Don't have a link handy for it now.

I have the Aug 09 nightly and no problems. It shows H for 3g and E for edge. That's all.

May want to reflash latest nightly if your radio is OK.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    so im stuck on 3e command promt says waiting for device but no promt says unlock bootloader on my phone
    There's now an easier way to root and not unlock the bootloader. I did this a few days ago and it works.

So I dont have to do anything ealse no bootloader or supper boot anything like that.
    just follow the instructions you gave me and thats it???
    That sounds to good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

So I dont have to do anything ealse no bootloader or supper boot anything like that.
    just follow the instructions you gave me and thats it???
    That sounds to good to be true
    Yep! that simple to root.
    Did you install the app from the link. The zip file looks like this:
    Choose one:
    UniversalAndroot_1.5.3.apk (153.3 KB, 6869 views)
    UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk (322.7 KB, 697 views)
    I installed the 1.5.3 but looks like there's a newer version. This is the app that roots your phone without unlocking the bootloader, thus leaving your warranty intact.

The harder part is flashing a rom. Make sure you do a Titanium back up of your apps and system files before flashing a rom.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Hi,

I followed cyanogen's wiki on the full update guide. Rooted using the 1 click root. Use clockworkmod recovery's rom manager for the custom recovery image. Did not flash radio since i have the latest already (4.06.00.12.7). Flash cyanogenmod using clockworkmod recovery process. Checked the Backup Existing ROM and Wipe Data and Cache. After phone reboots the exclamation point with the android mascot came up. Now am stump. What should I do? Do I take out the battery put it back and do the power w/ the volume up? Thanks!!!

@topcat: The Android with the Triangle shouldn't of come up... Usually when you select Back up ROM and Wipe Data/Cache the phone reboots into ClockworkMod and then backs up the rom and wipes everything then installs CM and then reboots again and done..

I would suggest doing a Google Search on this issue and see what you come up with or post on the CM forums.

@grathius - thanks for the reply. that's what I was expecting. after boot CM should come up. Weird thing is the triangle came up and I am at a lost on what to do. Been googling for the past 2 hrs but the only thing related to the triangle I saw is someone trying to upgrade to froyo. btw am already on froyo.

Why did you wipe, do you have a rom ready to install? Your post sounds like you checked bu rom then you wiped. There are steps missing somewhere. Also, select fix permissions on main page and from main page swype menu key, select settings and make sure Advanced is checked.

When you select backup current rom a screen comes up to name it, then it backsup.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

finally got it working! did the manual install instead of the auto download/install that came with clockworkmod. Thanks!!

Was playing with my N1 today, had a problem when installing CMod, had to reboot, lost apps in Froyo, but had backed them all up previous with Titanium. After all was said and done I no longer have "Market". I'm in a real dilemma. Been playing most of the evening, have not made any progress in restoration. W/O Market, can't figure out a way to download needed apps.

Anyone have a solution that doesn't involve a trash can? Basically now I have a phone that's not very smart.

I've done a search, perhaps not using correct words but can find nothing.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links