N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; You just need to get google addons back, gapps. Open rom manager, then tap on install rom from sd card. Tap on clockworkmod then downloads. ...

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

You just need to get google addons back, gapps.

Open rom manager, then tap on install rom from sd card. Tap on clockworkmod then downloads. There is file there called mirror.kanged. Open it and select gapps and dl the file. That wil put market back on phone.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Larry, you never msged me on GTalk, I could of talked you through it.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    You just need to get google addons back, gapps.

Open rom manager, then tap on install rom from sd card. Tap on clockworkmod then downloads. There is file there called mirror.kanged. Open it and select gapps and dl the file. That wil put market back on phone.
    Follow those instructions.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

The project works until i get to the gapps directory. Nothing happens after tapping that. Maybe I'm doing something wrong there. At this point my backups are useless to me.

I'm a rather determined chap, feel there's a step I'm missing.

I can not tether the SD card at this point. My theory is that I can't restore until I'm able to have the program that did the backup installed and recognized.

So I'm stymied for the moment. It seems that at this point the "Market" program is a key program. As I feel a need to install the backup and restore program - Titanium.

I don't understand the command: dl the file.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

I have access to the SD, see directories, but not able to see into any of directories, see files.

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Larry go to the link below and dl the google addons to your pc. You don't see anything because it is empty. Not sure why.

Are you OK with mounting your phone thru the usb cable to copy the dl to your sd card? Just put it on the root of the card, not in any folders. Then do as above. If not, Sheanzy may be able to help, I will be gone for awhile. Get to know this procedure, you will need it.

Very important to unmount in right sequence to. There are guides on line if you google. But, someone can help here.

Once on the phone you will have Market.

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Now I have Icons correctly on the screen, but when Tapped, note says applications not installed. I'm going to try a reboot and see if anything changes. Then I'll try to see the apps applied.

Any discussions, comments, aids will be appreciated.

Larry

What icons say that? That is not uncommon. Go to blank area on the screen you want the icon on. Then longpress and select shortcuts, apps, then select the one you want. IE the one that said not installed. If ok you can longpress on the bad one and drag to trash can. The icon may also be on the first screen you see afrer longpressing and may not need to go to the apps section.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The Icons had program names under them but were all Droid men. I can't get access to my SD card from my computer. I had connection earlier today, can't seem to get it to hook up now.

I can load the SD but can't read it from my computer through the Tether. I'm going to check both the card and the tether cord.

Why are you using your sd card to get the icons fixed? Do what I said above. And unless your typing is off, you don't tether to look at the sd card. You mount it thru the supplied usb cable. Did I misunderstand you on that?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links