N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; The icons are appearing that way because they aren't installed(GAPPS). You need to slow down and take your time and you will be able to ...

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

The icons are appearing that way because they aren't installed(GAPPS). You need to slow down and take your time and you will be able to successfully do what it is that you are doing.

-Download the file the rugmankc linked and save it to your desktop.
    -Plug your phone in with the USB Cord
    -On your phone a little green android guy should pop up and say USB CONNECTED- TURN on USB Storage
    -Select TURN ON USB STORAGE
    -A screen should appear on your computer
    -On that screen choose 'Open folder' or 'View files'
    -Drag the file that you downloaded earlier into the window that just appeared from the step above
    -After you've done that, Turn off USB storage or unplug your phone

-Turn your phone off
    -Turn it back on by pressing and holding the POWER AND THE TRACKBALL AT THE SAME TIME until a screen appears
    -The screen will have options such as BOOTLOADER,FASTBOOT, etc.
    -SELECT BOOTLOADER
    -A new screen will appear
    -Select RECOVERY
    -Give it a a couple seconds
    -you will have a list of options; select install from SDcard
    -then select CHOOSE FILE FROM SDcard
    -You will then see the GAPPS file that you dragged onto your SDcard
    -Select it and it will flash.

-After it is done, reboot your phone.

-Voila.

A lot of steps, but it's broken down in layman's terms. Hope you understand. Let me know how it goes.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Sheanzy,

Nice delineation. I had thought about writing a very exact step by step guide on downloading Roms, Gapps etc to PC. Then how to copy to SD Card where you want it, then flash it on to the phone. But, also wanted too include the right way to unmount without messing up your SD Card. That's why I always back the card up, frequently.

This is basic stuff everyone needs to get good at to avoid a lot of the problems we are seeing lately. I am just no good at writing. Too rushed all the time.

Lots of guides out there, but many fail to mention cyan doesn't include Gapps in his Roms.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I had my phone set up wrong, I had become quite frustrated. I'm working on restoring as I write this. I've not had much time to work on it today. Really just getting started.

I got messed up when I overlooked a step, but then I'm guessing you know that with my problem.

I started trying things on my own.

This has been quite an experience for me.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

I'm wondering if I'm having a problem with my SD card or internal memory. I lose "pages" of programs when disconnected from the charger or USB cable. I'll have several screens of programs, I change the connection and then can see only 3. It takes forever to update or load new programs. Says it's loading, but the never get to their destination. Changed setting to internal memory, still nothing happens.

Also inconsistent tether connections, often says cannot connect, then other times no problem.

Any suggestions?>

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

t

I'm wondering if I'm having a problem with my SD card or internal memory. I lose "pages" of programs when disconnected from the charger or USB cable. I'll have several screens of programs, I change the connection and then can see only 3. It takes forever to update or load new programs. Says it's loading, but the never get to their destination. Changed setting to internal memory, still nothing happens.

Also inconsistent tether connections, often says cannot connect, then other times no problem.

Any suggestions?>
    Larry I'm not really too sure of your problem.

However, I will film a video on how to do what you need to do and if that doesn't work then I suggest you get a new SDcard, maybe a new USB cable, or try it on a different computer.

I will shoot the video later this afternoon. I have class until 2:15 eastern time, so it will be soon thereafter.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Larry,

Sheanzy will get you figured out. Hasn't failed yet.

Things you can check in the mean time and you probably already have;

Available memory SD Card and Internal
    Clear phone cache
    Any new apps that might be having a negative effect, you could kill all them.
    Can you copy to and from SD Card
    Run a speed test, speedtest.net
    Do you have a spare battery
    Check battery usage for any programs running high memory

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

SD card is 16 Gg, battery seems fine, can easily move files back and forth to and from card, just can't tether. Computer recognizes connection, says can't connect. A different cord made no difference. Also tried other USB ports on laptop.

I believe I've got a solution to the remainder of my problems. The problem with accessing the SD card was solved with a reboot of my laptop. We never know what little things happen, but sometimes they just need rebooting.

The problem with the downloading was solved when I went to my office and had a much better signal. Programs downloaded just fine.

Problem with program screens is in a short lag in the boot sequence. The phone memory loads first, a couple seconds later the SD card chimes in with it's program load.

Impatience is not a virtue, but I have it in abundance.

Thanks for your help, folk, it's very considerate to be involved with our various issues. I'm very happy with the improvements in the CMod RC3. Should I set up the routine updates for it?

Larry,
    I was under the impression that you couldn't flash GAPPS. I was about to make a video on how to do that.

Anyways, CM6 RC3 is a significant improvement. Download CMupdater from the market, or just wait for news on another release and you can update from ROM Manager.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

I couldn't flash it at first, I kept going back at it until I got it right. I didn't realize that my computer was the culprit.

Another question, that's about the new "radio" available for download. I'm at my office right now, but it starts with a 5 number, developed by a Korean. Supposed to give better signal reception. At my home I don't see 3G very often, at my office it's another matter, very good signal.

I'm conflicted on this. A weak signal, is a weak signal. I'm wondering how a newer radio setup helps. It can't strengthen the signal, does it fine tune the reception? I read about better readings on phones, but there are days when things are just right that my home signal is fine, too. Does hyperbole abound?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links