N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Okay, I started my attempt to root today, already having unlocked the bootloader a while ago. I thought everything was going well, installed superboot, double ...

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

Okay, I started my attempt to root today, already having unlocked the bootloader a while ago.

I thought everything was going well, installed superboot, double clicked it and the phone went from the bootloader screen to start to boot up - i thought 'well that should mean it is rooted now'. when the phone booted up i noticed there was a superuser permissions icon in the app drawer, but clicking on it went to a black screen and gave me no options (is that normal at this point?)

I proceeded to flash my recovery with Amon RA, did that and got my 2 'okays' on the command prompt, sorted.

then at the next step, i tried to reboot into the recovery screen, which should be amon ra's recovery, but i got the android with the exclamation mark and thats all. In the guide it says if i get that it hasnt rooted properly, but i don't know what else i need to do here in order to root.

if anyone has some advice on this part, please let me know. to be honest, i'm fairly happy with the process so far, i just don't know why i cant get into amon ra recovery. what am i doing wrong?

It's okay, I flashed the recovery image again and it worked, don't know why it didn't the first time.

Onward and upward to cyanogen Rom!

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    It's okay, I flashed the recovery image again and it worked, don't know why it didn't the first time.

Onward and upward to cyanogen Rom!
    Don't forget about the gapps.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by f4ifrank View Post
    I get this error when trying to install the SDK file : Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...repository.xml, reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings.

So I'm stumped right out of the box, any ideas?
    you have to force it by going to the setting and there you will see force option then click on it and then do the updates and you are okay

so im following this guide but i cant Install Amon-Ra Recovery Image i get a error but that im not sure why pls some help thank you

Quote Originally Posted by christian666 View Post
    so im following this guide but i cant Install Amon-Ra Recovery Image i get a error but that im not sure why pls some help thank you
    No worries mate, I had this exact problem.

If I am right in where you are at the mo, you have rooted successfully via superboot right? You should have an icon which says superuser permissions in your app drawer. If so, go to market and download Rom manager, it has option to flash either clockwork mod recovery or amon ra as alternate, I did it this way and it worked fine. You can also use Rom manager to reboot into recovery to check its worked, and to even flash roms.

No worries mate, I had this exact problem.

If I am right in where you are at the mo, you have rooted successfully via superboot right? You should have an icon which says superuser permissions in your app drawer. If so, go to market and download Rom manager, it has option to flash either clockwork mod recovery or amon ra as alternate, I did it this way and it worked fine. You can also use Rom manager to reboot into recovery to check its worked, and to even flash roms.
    whats the differen btw clockwork mod recover and cyao??? recovery image?? and how come it didnt work when i fast following the other methods??

whats the differen btw clockwork mod recover and cyao??? recovery image?? and how come it didnt work when i fast following the other methods??
    Having used both now, i can say there isn't much difference at all between them. Clockwork seems to give you a couple more settings (not sure i'm going to use them) , but the important thing is that BOTH will enable you to nandroid backup your phone. so feel free to go for either one in my opinion.

i'm not sure why it fails. you could always try flashing it again via pc and see if that helps, or try the rom manager thingy

Having used both now, i can say there isn't much difference at all between them. Clockwork seems to give you a couple more settings (not sure i'm going to use them) , but the important thing is that BOTH will enable you to nandroid backup your phone. so feel free to go for either one in my opinion.

i'm not sure why it fails. you could always try flashing it again via pc and see if that helps, or try the rom manager thingy
    if i try clockwork can i go to cyao later??

if i try clockwork can i go to cyao later??
    let me clarify -

Clockwork mod & Amon RA are recovery programs - they are not ROM's as such. All they do is provide you with a different recovery than the stock and give you more options (like do a nandroid backup, which is ESSENTIAL if you value your phone!) . so you can try clockwork as a recovery yes, and you can also try amon RA's recovery too.

Cyanogen is the ROM, the system that makes your phone work. when you install this to your phone, you will still have either clockwork recovery or Amon RA recovery installed too.

** Remember to nandroid back up your phone once you have installed your recovery, and before flashing Cyanogen's ROM! **

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links