N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Floogle Originally Posted by christian666 Originally Posted by Floogle Having used both now, i can say there isn't much difference at all ...

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by christian666 View Post

Having used both now, i can say there isn't much difference at all between them. Clockwork seems to give you a couple more settings (not sure i'm going to use them) , but the important thing is that BOTH will enable you to nandroid backup your phone. so feel free to go for either one in my opinion.

i'm not sure why it fails. you could always try flashing it again via pc and see if that helps, or try the rom manager thingy
    if i try clockwork can i go to cyao later??
    let me clarify -

Clockwork mod & Amon RA are recovery programs - they are not ROM's as such. All they do is provide you with a different recovery than the stock and give you more options (like do a nandroid backup, which is ESSENTIAL if you value your phone!) . so you can try clockwork as a recovery yes, and you can also try amon RA's recovery too.

Cyanogen is the ROM, the system that makes your phone work. when you install this to your phone, you will still have either clockwork recovery or Amon RA recovery installed too.

** Remember to nandroid back up your phone once you have installed your recovery, and before flashing Cyanogen's ROM! **

now its a bit clear, one more thing what nandroid backup? which you were refering to

now its a bit clear, one more thing what nandroid backup? which you were refering to
    once you have flashed recovery with either Amon ra's or clockwork mod, when you boot into recovery (with phone off, press power on whilst pressing vol down), you will see a different recovery screen, with an option to backup/restore. if you scroll down to that option using trackball, then press trackball to select, it will take you to nandroid backup page. choose first option, which i think just says 'backup'.

what this does is it backs up EVERYTHING on your phone EXACTLY as you have it at the moment, so if you experience problems trying to flash new rom's, you can easily go back to the way things were by going into recovery and choosing nandroid restore.

once you have flashed recovery with either Amon ra's or clockwork mod, when you boot into recovery (with phone off, press power on whilst pressing vol down), you will see a different recovery screen, with an option to backup/restore. if you scroll down to that option using trackball, then press trackball to select, it will take you to nandroid backup page. choose first option, which i think just says 'backup'.

what this does is it backs up EVERYTHING on your phone EXACTLY as you have it at the moment, so if you experience problems trying to flash new rom's, you can easily go back to the way things were by going into recovery and choosing nandroid restore.
    There is nothing more important than nandroid backup. It will save you. A lot.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

so try the clockwork mod but this is what happens now i try to reboot from the recovery folowing this step but i get the exclamation point whcih meand my phone is not root it ....
    i have the try 4. Rooting with Superboot
    4a. on your N1 go to Settings>About Phone>Build number.
    4b. Go to superboot and download the version for the ERE number that matches your build number from step 4a. Extract the superboot folder out of the .zip folder. You can put this folder directly on your desktop if you like.
    4c. Reboot the N1 into bootloader mode, refer to step 3c.
    4d. Double click the install-superboot-windows.bat file. A command prompt should flash and that's it, now your rooted!
    everything seems okay but is not happening.....i get a confirm sign that my phone rooted but now what im lost now

i need help

Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

There is nothing more important than nandroid backup. It will save you. A lot.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    i know thats is important but where do i get it???

Did you install rom manager? if so, did you flash recovery using rom manager?

try loading rom manager again and scrolling down to where it says 'use alternate recovery'. this will flash the Amon -RA recovery, which worked for me.

by the way, you get nandroid backup option when you flash recovery, that is what you are trying to do at the mo.

Did you install rom manager? if so, did you flash recovery using rom manager?

try loading rom manager again and scrolling down to where it says 'use alternate recovery'. this will flash the Amon -RA recovery, which worked for me.

by the way, you get nandroid backup option when you flash recovery, that is what you are trying to do at the mo.
    finnaly try the amon ra recovery doing like you said and i get the green !! finnaly im backing the room .. now to add cyano!!:rofl3:

wow jailbreaking on iphone and unlock its ez compare to this i think

Glad to be of help my friend...

it may be a harder process than iphone, but it makes the reward taste sooooo much sweeter! enjoy your rooted phone.

Quote Originally Posted by floogle View Post
    glad to be of help my friend...

It may be a harder process than iphone, but it makes the reward taste sooooo much sweeter! Enjoy your rooted phone.
    i think something is wrong cause now i can get back the amon-ra recovery image it seem like i dont have root it once again

I'm not sure what you mean. Once you have done a nandroid backup, you should be free to then flash the cyanogens Rom from your recovery.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links