N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by f4ifrank I get this error when trying to install the SDK file : Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...repository.xml , reason: HTTPS SSL ...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 197

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

  1. #11
    Senior Member ScottyPimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ifrank View Post
    I get this error when trying to install the SDK file : Failed to fetch URL https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/re...repository.xml, reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings.

    So I'm stumped right out of the box, any ideas?
    Hmm, i personally haven't seen that error. I googled it and came out with this thread

  2. #12
    Junior Member f4ifrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Okay, I had to go the settings menu and force download, I'm downloading now

  3. #13
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    as far as the "factory reset" and wiping part of this.
    My phone and everything on it will be totally wiped out and I will need to reset, readd, and redownload everything (I assume I won't have to rebuy?)?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  4. #14
    Senior Member ScottyPimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    as far as the "factory reset" and wiping part of this.
    My phone and everything on it will be totally wiped out and I will need to reset, readd, and redownload everything (I assume I won't have to rebuy?)?
    You won't have to re-buy anything because it's purchased by your google account.

  5. #15
    Junior Member f4ifrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    I Did IT!!!!! Haven't really played with it yet but I have an "H" at the top. Dang, now my brains fried!!!

    Thank you soooooooo much!!! It took me about 3 hours.

  6. #16
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    as far as the "factory reset" and wiping part of this.
    My phone and everything on it will be totally wiped out and I will need to reset, readd, and redownload everything (I assume I won't have to rebuy?)?
    You won't have to re-buy anything because it's purchased by your google account.
    I take it by the response that the complete wipe is necessary. Supposedly this thing is all synced on my google account, how much of my info is going to be synced back up and how much (other than customization) will I need to manual put back on?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  7. #17
    Senior Member ScottyPimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    as far as the "factory reset" and wiping part of this.
    My phone and everything on it will be totally wiped out and I will need to reset, readd, and redownload everything (I assume I won't have to rebuy?)?
    You won't have to re-buy anything because it's purchased by your google account.
    I take it by the response that the complete wipe is necessary. Supposedly this thing is all synced on my google account, how much of my info is going to be synced back up and how much (other than customization) will I need to manual put back on?
    Factory wipe means all of your settings and apps downloaded/installed will be gone. Anything synced with google with sync back to your new phone. System settings will not because your not loading a google rom.

  8. #18
    Junior Member deVil81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Unhappy

    Hi Scotty,
    I read somewhere that the superboot in CM is not required as it already includes su binaries and himem is enabled. Can you confirm.

    The reason I am asking is that, I have tried downloading superboot for my EPE54B but the md5 mentioned on your mentioned thread differs from what I am getting. Tried it with different browsers and the result is still the same. Now I am stuck as I don't want to proceed if the file is corrupt.

  9. #19
    Senior Member ScottyPimpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by deVil81 View Post
    Hi Scotty,
    I read somewhere that the superboot in CM is not required as it already includes su binaries and himem is enabled. Can you confirm.

    The reason I am asking is that, I have tried downloading superboot for my EPE54B but the md5 mentioned on your mentioned thread differs from what I am getting. Tried it with different browsers and the result is still the same. Now I am stuck as I don't want to proceed if the file is corrupt.
    I'm not nearly as technical as some of the guys over on xda so I can't answer your question. What I can say is I just got the new AT&T phone last week that had the EPE54B also and the superboot worked just fine.

  10. #20
    Junior Member deVil81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Well, then we have something in common. I also got AT&T N1 last week.

    Can you confirm the Md5 of superboot that you downloaded. I am getting AC71D96920C8AC197E07C7BEDC282179

    but the forum link of fastboot says b04ea072119f4f6dc5de9e7229952bf9

    If you are getting md5 starting with AC7, then I guess it will be safe. Thanks

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

camera unable to start
,
cyanogen 23m n1 eve
,

cyanogen n1

,
cyanogen n1 eve
,

cyanogen?s n1 addon

,
cyanogen?s n1 addon download
,
download cyanogen?s n1 addon.
,
flashing at&t droid 3 radio image
,
guide root android cyanogen
,

how to root nexus one cyanogenmod

,
nexus one camera failure
,
nexus one root cyanogenmod
,
radio application for synogen mod 7
,
root n1 cyanogenmod
,
synogen android
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum