N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by deVil81 Well, then we have something in common. I also got AT&T N1 last week. Can you confirm the Md5 of superboot ...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

Quote Originally Posted by deVil81 View Post
    Well, then we have something in common. I also got AT&T N1 last week.

Can you confirm the Md5 of superboot that you downloaded. I am getting AC71D96920C8AC197E07C7BEDC282179

but the forum link of fastboot says b04ea072119f4f6dc5de9e7229952bf9

If you are getting md5 starting with AC7, then I guess it will be safe. Thanks
    I just looked but i've already deleted the superboot files i used last week to root it. I'm sure if i downloaded a new one it would be the same as the one your getting. according the that site as long as the ERE number matches you should be good. It's worked perfectly fine for my old t-mobile n1 and now the at&t n1.

I have gotten as far as step 4 and seem to have hit a wall. What are the differences between the two superboots and does it matter?
    I run the Superboot and it seems to work, but then when I try to do the flash image, it gives me an error. Sorry, I don't have the exact wording because I am at work. My computer also wants to recognize the flash img as a zip file, so I'm thinking that might be part of the problem, but the superboot, I think, is where it seems to be getting hung up. I have tried it several times but always get the exclamation point with the android when trying the recovery. I am running Vista by the way.
    Any help or advice would be great...Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deVil81 View Post
    Link to fastboot is redirected to Modaco. I searched and found the following link
    HTC - Developer Center

Is this the right version? It says its for Dev Phone 1.
    Originally it was a direct link to the .zip file. I just changed the link so it now directs to the site to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    thats crazy because after flashing to the new Cyanogen i see everything from the blank signal with no heading, i see H,G,3G and no signal :S is this a radio error or just a flashing error ?
    Did this start happening before or after you flashed your radio?
    Sorry for the late reply i have been put of the country. I haven't flashed the radio, i was going to but it will not show in the recover section even when the extension is .IMG or .ZIP :S so i have been using whatever the new Cyanogen has done to the radio (if anything)
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by gajendarksky View Post
    I have gotten as far as step 4 and seem to have hit a wall. What are the differences between the two superboots and does it matter?
    I run the Superboot and it seems to work, but then when I try to do the flash image, it gives me an error. Sorry, I don't have the exact wording because I am at work. My computer also wants to recognize the flash img as a zip file, so I'm thinking that might be part of the problem, but the superboot, I think, is where it seems to be getting hung up. I have tried it several times but always get the exclamation point with the android when trying the recovery. I am running Vista by the way.
    After running the superboot, boot up the phone and look in your app drawer. There should be an "app" or an icon rather that says "superuser permissions". If that exists then you are rooted and superboot worked. If the "superuser permissions" is not in the app drawer then superboot did not work.

Once your rooted go on to step 5. You have to flash Amon-RA before you can boot into recovery mode, otherwise you'll still get the droid with the exclamation mark. Sometimes if you have winrar or an app on your pc that by default manages .img files, it will then show the zip file icon even though it's still a .img.

on vista open any folder and click organize>folder and search options>view tab, uncheck "Hide extentions for known file types". then go look at the amom-ra file you downloaded and it should say .img at the end of it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    After running the superboot, boot up the phone and look in your app drawer. There should be an "app" or an icon rather that says "superuser permissions". If that exists then you are rooted and superboot worked. If the "superuser permissions" is not in the app drawer then superboot did not work.

Once your rooted go on to step 5. You have to flash Amon-RA before you can boot into recovery mode, otherwise you'll still get the droid with the exclamation mark. Sometimes if you have winrar or an app on your pc that by default manages .img files, it will then show the zip file icon even though it's still a .img.

on vista open any folder and click organize>folder and search options>view tab, uncheck "Hide extentions for known file types". then go look at the amom-ra file you downloaded and it should say .img at the end of it.
    I have the "superuser permissions" so it did work, I will try your other suggestions tonight when I get home and see if that works.

Ok, one more question...sorry. What is the difference between the two super boots, because I used the one with himem enabled and now my wifi says that it's unable to start.

Ok, one more question...sorry. What is the difference between the two super boots, because I used the one with himem enabled and now my wifi says that it's unable to start.
    I did the one with out himem and didn't have any issues. I just googled and found this thread.

what exactly does "himem" do? - Android @ MoDaCo

Potentially dump question...

About to root, and reading some tutorials. Most do not have step 1 as posted here to install Android-ADK...what exactly is that used for and is it necessary ?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinSteveO View Post
    Potentially dump question...

About to root, and reading some tutorials. Most do not have step 1 as posted here to install Android-ADK...what exactly is that used for and is it necessary ?
    Good question actually. I had it installed before rooting and from my understanding it has the drivers required for the pc to recognize the n1. I've always had it installed so it may not be needed but I never tried with out.

An easy way to see if its required is try and complete step 2 with out it. If you enable debugging on the phone and your phone shows up in device manager on your pc as needing drivers then that should answer the question.

quick question will i have my orange settings still on phone or have to put them back in after root?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links