N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by SmokinSteveO Potentially dump question... About to root, and reading some tutorials. Most do not have step 1 as posted here to install ...

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinSteveO View Post
    Potentially dump question...

About to root, and reading some tutorials. Most do not have step 1 as posted here to install Android-ADK...what exactly is that used for and is it necessary ?
    You need it for the tools (adb, fastboot) and the USB driver, IIRC. When I rooted mine last night, the SDK had everything I needed sans the recovery image, the cyanogen rom, and the google apps rom (is that right, is it a google apps "rom"?). I didn't have to download fastboot windows because it was already in the tools folder of the SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    quick question will i have my orange settings still on phone or have to put them back in after root?
    I honestly don't know. I know data will be erased so if I were you just prepare to have to re enter the info just In case.

Let us know what happens, others may need the info later.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyPimpin View Post
    quick question will i have my orange settings still on phone or have to put them back in after root?
    I honestly don't know. I know data will be erased so if I were you just prepare to have to re enter the info just In case.

scotty i'm at the type fastboot-windows bit and it keeps sayin unrecognisable path???

scotty i'm at the type fastboot-windows bit and it keeps sayin unrecognisable path???
    ok a few things. did you enable debugging mode in step 2? Also check your device manager on your pc and make sure the N1 is installed. I had to manually install the drivers for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jadoti View Post

About to root, and reading some tutorials. Most do not have step 1 as posted here to install Android-ADK...what exactly is that used for and is it necessary ?
    You need it for the tools (adb, fastboot) and the USB driver, IIRC. When I rooted mine last night, the SDK had everything I needed sans the recovery image, the cyanogen rom, and the google apps rom (is that right, is it a google apps "rom"?). I didn't have to download fastboot windows because it was already in the tools folder of the SDK.
    Now that you said that, i remember using the fast boot that was in the sdk folder also and it worked just fine :D

Quote Originally Posted by jadoti View Post

Now that you said that, i remember using the fast boot that was in the sdk folder also and it worked just fine :D
    so i dont need to do the command prompt bit?just go to next section

its now saying adbwinapi.dll was not found aaaaaaaagghhhhhhh my head is frying

ignore what i was talking about with the other guy and just follow each step as it's written.

You need to be a little bit more descriptive though because when you say "It's now saying" i don't know what "it" is and I have no clue what you've done up to this point that you'll be getting it.

ignore what i was talking about with the other guy and just follow each step as it's written.

You need to be a little bit more descriptive though because when you say "It's now saying" i don't know what "it" is and I have no clue what you've done up to this point that you'll be getting it.
    Probably a PATH issue, but that's just a guess...

Yeah, I used the fastboot right in the tools folder, and it was no problem. I'm not sure what the fastboot-windows offers over fastboot but it was pretty straightforward that route...

ok here's where i am so far
    unlocking the bootloader
    at section 3e where i have to type in "fastboot-windows oem unlock"
    ive now got on my black window
    c:\n1\tools>_
    but when i type fastboot-windows oem unlock i get fastboot-windows is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable programme or batch file

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links