N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

This is a discussion on N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Rooted last night and all is well, however, I don't have the option "app2sd" in applications settings. I thinking I missed a step where I ...

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: N1 Guide to Rooting & Flashing Cyanogen

Rooted last night and all is well, however, I don't have the option "app2sd" in applications settings. I thinking I missed a step where I should have partitioned my SD card. Does anyone know where I went wrong and if I can do anything to make this option available and move my apps.

Quote Originally Posted by backmarker View Post
    Rooted last night and all is well, however, I don't have the option "app2sd" in applications settings. I thinking I missed a step where I should have partitioned my SD card. Does anyone know where I went wrong and if I can do anything to make this option available and move my apps.
    You have to flash changes Rom, It's built in. Just rooting won't do it.

Thanks for the fast reply, but I am not following you, I did flash cyanogen rom and Google addon.

Quote Originally Posted by backmarker View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply, but I am not following you, I did flash cyanogen rom and Google addon.
    Hmm I just looked applications>settings and its the second option. It will be greyed out if you haven't partitioned the SD card. At a bar right now so ill give ya a hand later if needed. Have a good Easter

I'm unable to access my SD card from my PC to put cyanogen rom & Google Addon, is there something I might have missed? I was afraid something like this would happen everything was smooth untill Step 7

what are the exact things to type in the cmd?im not really surethanks

Ok based on your steps, step 7 should let user's know they need to restart their phone put the files onto the sd card without being in the bootloader options. But anyhow Thank You!! I'm officially rooted!!!

Thanks scotty for the guide did everything in about an hour. I could've done it faster if I knew how to manually install the nexus one driver in order for the command to work in section 3. >_< had to look around to figure it out... haha.

[ Cyanogen 5.0.5.6 | OC'ed to 1.113GHz | Amon RA v1.70 | Build EPE54B| Desire Camera R2 | NexTHEME 2.0 Final & Goodies5 R2 ]

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question but here it goes. I'm rooted and functioning but when I get a pic text, I can't save it to my phone? Anyone know how to do this?

After you have apps2sd, how do you load things like other APK's, music and other files on the card in the right place?

I have apps2sd on Cyanogen running but when I mount the phone to my computer I don't see the same file structure as I do when I'm in Root Explorer on the phone.

I've been trying to load some APK's over the past day (I've copied them over to the F: drive that appears when I mount my phone) and can't find them when I do a search on the phone through Root Explorer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links