Noob needs help

This is a discussion on Noob needs help within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone i'm new to all of this mobile phone stuff, I just purchased a used nexus one that I did not know was rooted ...

Thread: Noob needs help

Noob needs help

Hi everyone i'm new to all of this mobile phone stuff, I just purchased a used nexus one that I did not know was rooted and the phone is stuck in edge only. I have called tmobile and htc tech support to trouble shoot, did everything normal like hard reset, force 3g but still no resolution. Can someone guide me to get my N1 to pick up 3g?
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'll try to help, but if you don't know anything about unlocking/rooting/flashing, this make take some effort. First, are you certain that you are in an area that has good 3G coverage? I'm going to assume you are...

Let's see...you could try to flash the radio/ROM to a newer version, but that depends on what you've got on there now. If the phone was already rooted, chances are it already has a custom ROM & radio flashed to it already...maybe older versions that have known issues. Let's start with that...we need to know where you're starting from to guess where you should go from here...

What are the current specs of your device? go to Settings > About phone and list what you see for the following items:

Baseband version?
    Kernel version?
    Mod version?
    Build number?

First off, thank you for being willing to help. The following is what it has:

model number : nexus one
    baseband: 32.26.00.24u_4.04.00.03.2
    kernel version: 2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2 android-build@apa26#1
    build number: epe54b

Quote Originally Posted by pwta View Post
    First off, thank you for being willing to help. The following is what it has:

model number : nexus one
    baseband: 32.26.00.24u_4.04.00.03.2
    kernel version: 2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2 android-build@apa26#1
    build number: epe54b

Does is say Mod version?
    I'm on the same Baseband version as you but im on an older radio and OC-UV Kernel.

Also I dont know if you have tried to wipe the phone or if the person before you did a backup in the recovery.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Could not find any mod version, so i typed the closest thing to that which was Model.

Quote Originally Posted by pwta View Post
    Could not find any mod version, so i typed the closest thing to that which was Model.
    do you know how to start the phone in bootloader/fastboot?
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

no sorry can you tell me how?

power the phone off and then hold down on the track ball, and turn the phone back on while still holding the track ball down. This will start up the phone. to control the phone from here you will use the volume rocker up and down to move the selection and the power button will be used as select. You options on the screen should be: Bootloader, Reboot, Reboot Bootloader, and power down. You need to go to Bootloader, give it a second you will see a couple more options show up, but you will need to wait for it to read your SD card. Options this time will be Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, SIMlock. move to recovery and click the power button.

Once in recovery, the scroll ball will be how you navigate through the options and the down volume to go back. First lets try a Nand restore so move down to Backup/restore. and then go to Nand restore. Once there if there was a back up done by the original owner you should have an option here. let me know.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

I just talked to the person that sold me the N1, i may be just returning it, hope i can get a stock one after. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for the kind help.

Hi all, update: Just recieved a follow up call from HTC and they told me that my imei was for AT&T and not the tmobile i am on; not really sure thats really the reason but it's ok I picked up another one this time unrooted and tmobile version. Thanks for the advice

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links