Rooting regrets?

This is a discussion on Rooting regrets? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by tonybhoy hi just reading through these posts and was wondering what are the benefits of rooting the n1,is it just for free ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooting regrets?

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    hi just reading through these posts and was wondering what are the benefits of rooting the n1,is it just for free apps?or am i missing something?what can it do after rooting that it can't do just now?genuinely interested
    I rooted to use SetCPU and up the speed of that bad-a** processor in the N1... and tethering is nice... I'm looking for other benefits, but to be honest, so far the diff from unrooted N1 to rooted N1 pales in comparison to the "wow!" when jailbreaking the iPhone.

But I admit, I'm still new to all this so I'm probably still missing stuff.

i unlocked and rooted my phone to cyanogen mod and i love it ive been playing with it all day and night lol wife hates it anyway no regrets at all they have so many roms out that i wanna try and with my 32gb sd card i plan to lol o and if you need one more thing to push you over the fence i can put my appps on my sd card :rofl3: can you?

Still waiting on Verizon's Nexus One but wasn't aware that you couldn't load your apps onto the SD card! That sounds dumb!

how could that be dumb i guess you want to load your internal memory with all the apps and slow down your phone thats fine but the phone only has like 200mb of space my sd card has 32gb do the math

Because the SD card is so much larger I assumed that the apps could be loaded onto that card. If the apps have to be stored on ROM you must be limited in the number of Apps you can have on the phone at any one time!

I was holding off, but when Sun released VirtualBox for android, but only for rooted handhelds, I was sold.

Now I can run my Ubuntu Linux inside virtualbox on my N1, and with the 1ghz processor, it performs rather well. Openoffice for android is pretty cool too, but you don't have to be rooted for that.

Apps2SD is actually very nice. I don't notice ANY difference running any of the 200 apps i have installed. I couldn't install many of the games I wanted to play before apps2sd.

Have not had 1 regret with rooting since i did it. Its actually the best choice I made for my nexus.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links