Making updates following rooting and cyanogen mod install

This is a discussion on Making updates following rooting and cyanogen mod install within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So my question is: I want to install the "Desire status notification bar". It's basically a black status bar and shaded drop down and is ...

Thread: Making updates following rooting and cyanogen mod install

Making updates following rooting and cyanogen mod install

So my question is: I want to install the "Desire status notification bar". It's basically a black status bar and shaded drop down and is found on xda forums. It says load the zip file on the SD card. Since I'm already rooted and have the cyanogen mod installed, what is the procedure for getting this installed properly? Thanks in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Per the thread over at XDA:
    Code:
    Install Instructions
     -Place on sdcard
     -Reboot into recovery
     -Make a nandroid backup
     -Apply the .zip 
     -Reboot
    So, your zip file is on the SD card, right?
    1) turn off the phone.
    2) depress volume-down (hold it down) and power on.
    3) once in bootloader, press volume-down once to highlight "RECOVERY" and press power button once to select.
    4) wait a sec...ok, you should now be in recovery. Use trackball to cycle down to "Backup/Restore" and depress trackball.
    5) use trackball to cycle to "Nand backup" and depress trackball.
    6) depress trackball once more to confirm and perform backup.
    7) after it's done, depress volume-down once to return to main menu.
    8) now, use trackball to cycle down to "Flash zip from sdcard" and depress trackball.
    9) use trackball to cycle to your "Desire_Notification_Bar_5.0.5.2.zip" file until it's highlighted and depress trackball.
    10) Depress trackball once more to confirm and wait for flash to complete.
    11) Select "Reboot system now" with the track ball.

Done!

Thought so... that makes sense. Thanks!

This method won't alter my cyanogen mod will it? As I understand... it will only flash that specific modification.

It will only alter the theming of the UI; fundamentally, CM will not be affected especially if you download the theme version designed to work with CM. Any with the heading "CM 5.0.5.2(3)" and you should be golden.

However, if you update CM down the road, you will likely have to reflash the theme file. Installing an updated CM after your theme will overwrite any changes that the Desire Notification Bar made previously.

Thanks!
    Again... makes sense. I just wanted to be sure before experimenting.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links