Performance benefits or just looks?

This is a discussion on Performance benefits or just looks? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Tethering is one of the great reasons to root your nexus. In my area, almost EVERYONE protects their WIFI. I have wifi in my house ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Performance benefits or just looks?

Tethering is one of the great reasons to root your nexus. In my area, almost EVERYONE protects their WIFI. I have wifi in my house so its not a problem. But if I'm on the move, in the car with a friend or at a location without wifi, being able to instantly open a wifi hotspot is awesome! The wifi is very fast and works 2-5 connections just fine.

Overclocking and Underclocking is very helpful if you want control over your phones energy and processor use. Sometimes using more RAM is helpful to help certain graphic intensive games run smoothly.

Mainly though, with root access you FULLY control the phone. You have root access to all the files in the device. You are able change and tweak all parts of the phone and depending on the ROM or mod you are using, can change pretty much all parts of the phone. I saw a pretty amazing Windows 98 boot screen on the Nexus which is pretty hilarious.

There is much more too rooting than just speed and usability.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I rooted because Neonmonster talked me into it with his thread lol. No joke.
    AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by floridasrt View Post
    I rooted because Neonmonster talked me into it with his thread lol. No joke.
    Same Here! + the Kspec Theme is Jus Dope man I had to have it.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links