Performance benefits or just looks?

This is a discussion on Performance benefits or just looks? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I used to root my G1 and my MT3G. The reason i did it was to improve the speed of the device. Really all I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Performance benefits or just looks?

Performance benefits or just looks?

I used to root my G1 and my MT3G. The reason i did it was to improve the speed of the device. Really all I wanted was a faster, more responsive device.

My question is what benefits are you guys rooting for? The N1 flies already. Other than a Desire ROM or something what is the benefit on the N1?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMouth View Post
    I used to root my G1 and my MT3G. The reason i did it was to improve the speed of the device. Really all I wanted was a faster, more responsive device.

My question is what benefits are you guys rooting for? The N1 flies already. Other than a Desire ROM or something what is the benefit on the N1?

Thanks
    Additional features like waking with the trackball, different launchers, 360 rotation, certain apps that require root, etc. is why I rooted mine.

the only reason I rooted was to use the SetCPU to improve my battery life. and I haven't looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by xkillerbx View Post

Thanks
    Additional features like waking with the trackball, different launchers, 360 rotation, certain apps that require root, etc. is why I rooted mine.
    I just rooted my N1 last night and I don't know how to configure the different launchers and trackball setting. Also, what is 360 rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hays View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xkillerbx View Post

Thanks
    I just rooted my N1 last night and I don't know how to configure the different launchers and trackball setting. Also, what is 360 rotation?
    360 rotation means you can turn the phone upside down and it would look like you had the phone upright. Basically no matter which way you rotate the phone it will correct itself.

Himem and Apps2SD!

I rooted my phone cause the cool kids do it! :D
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    I rooted my phone cause the cool kids do it! :D
    I'm cool I haven't rooted yet

Honestly I feel like phone has out performed of what I expected. Before I got it I was so eager to mod read up on everything could root with my eyes closed now I have no want to. I'm sure I will in the future but for now I love my stock ass nexus one

mah
    I used to be cool, but I still haven't rooted.
    Now get off my lawn!

I'm planning to wait to root until the next "big" phone comes out (or maybe one generation after). This way, if I damage my phone in the process, I can use that to justify buying the latest phone. I'd be far less mad at myself if that happened, vs. having to buy another N1 -- not that I have any complaints with the N1, just that the "best" is always the next unreleased phone.

Free tethering...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links